4: Boggart

That evening, Mrs. Weasley assembled a party for Ron and Hermione. Harry supposed Deja vu would be a normal feeling at this point. It was rather odd.

Harry heard Moody confirm the presence of the boggart upstairs. Harry frowned. It had really gotten to Molly... Maybe he could take care of it for her. She didn't deserve to see her kids die. Even if it was just a boggart.

Harry heard snippets of the others' conversation. Tonks was just as cheerful as ever talking with Ginny, Hermione and Remus were talking about rights, Ron was talking about brooms to anyone who'd listen.

Mrs. Weasley was trying to get Bill to cut his hair. "-getting really out of hand, and you're so good-looking, it would look much better shorter,wouldn't it, Harry?"

Harry was momentarily surprised at being dragged into the conversation. "Um. Well. Actually, at this point if he grew it out a little longer he could tie it back. I think that might suit him." 

"Thank you, Harry!" Bill exclaimed.

Harry made a quick escape, heading over to Fred and George, who happened to be by Mundungus. Mundungus got nervous, but the twins told him that Harry was their 'financial backer'. Somehow Harry helped the twins get a deal on illegal items by pointing out that Moody might see.

"... Why Dumbledore didn't make Potter a prefect?" Kingsley asked.

"He'll have his reasons." Remus replied.

"But it would've shown confidence in him. It's what I'd've done." Kingsley persisted. "Specially with the prophet having a go at him every few days."

Harry walked away. He didn't want to hear more of that. It didn't matter anyway.

Molly slipped from the room, and Moody approached Harry. "You all right, Potter?" He grunted.

"Yeah, fine." Harry said.

Moody took a sip from his hipflask, his magic eye staring at Harry. "Come here, I've got something that might interest you."

Moody pulled out the photograph of the original Order of the Phoenix. Sirius was his unknowing savior, catching Moody's attention so that Harry could escape. 

Harry took the stairs two at a time. And Damn! Molly was already crying. "Sirius!" Harry called out loudly, as he dashed into the room.

For a moment Harry froze at the body of Ron on the floor, that then changed to another Weasley. The transition was enough to send him back into motion, and he placed himself between Molly and the Boggart. The body vanished, and as soon as it did, Harry turned to look at Molly.

She was leaning heavily against the wall, wand in her shaking hand, sobbing. 

Sirius and Remus charged into the room, with Moody right behind them. "Help her!" Harry pointed to Molly. Remus did, while the other two were seemingly frozen in place.

Sirius and Moody were staring behind Harry. At Harry's boggart.

"I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix Lestrange crowed.

Harry went stiff, and turned to look. She looked just as she had at the ministry. "I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black!" She continued to singsong, the same thing he'd heard repeated in his nightmares since.

"Harry-" Sirius said, and Moody moved toward the Boggart. Harry didn't notice.

"I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black!" She cackled.

A snarl curled on Harry's lips for a moment, and he shoved his palm out towards the Bellatrix. Wispy threads of color almost seemed to lash through the air, and she screeched in pain for a fraction of a moment before exploding into dust.