37: Battle, Again

It took a lot of convincing to get the Order on board with their plan. But eventually, Harry found himself prodding at the horcrux within him. Harry felt nausea roll in as he opened the line to Voldemort, but instead of trying to see through Voldemort's eyes, Harry drew him to look through his own. 

Harry felt when he had succeeded, and tapped the table seemingly absentmindedly as a cue. Harry focused his gaze on the busted cup. Harry could feel Voldemort react to it. Shock, quickly followed by rage. 

"-With our recent success here, we can turn our attention to finding the other horcruxes. It is our top priority now." Dumbledore said. 

"What are we looking for, exactly?" Sirius asked.

"If he had the Hufflepuff cup, perhaps he wanted the other Founder's artifacts?" Remus asked. 

"I believe you are correct, Mr. Lupin." Dumbledore. "Perhaps Harry here can draw the sword. If it isn't a horcrux, it will at least be able to destroy the others. I suspect Rowena's diadem is hidden somewhere within Hogwarts." 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Sirius asked. 

Harry felt the connection with Voldemort abruptly snap. He had pulled away. "He saw." Harry croaked, pressing a hand to his burning scar.

Draco set a hand on Harry's shoulder, and Harry tried to bask in the comfort of his presence. 

"Harry, your nose..." Hermione said, worried. 

Harry realized she was right, a faint tickle told him it was bleeding again. Draco gently turned Harry's head toward him, and then tsked. "I think that's enough for tonight." Draco said in a tone that meant he would not take kindly to being argued with. He helped Harry to his feet and walked him back to their room. 

Harry sat on the seat lid of the loo while Draco checked him over. Then Harry promptly changed into pajamas and crawled in bed. He was getting really tired of these headaches. 

~~~

"Harry." Sirius said in the morning, after Harry had come down for breakfast. "When were you going to tell us you were a master of the bloody Elder Wand?"

Harry blinked. "Well, it's not like I ever used it..." 

"You... Didn't use it?" 

"Well, once. My wand had broken, so I used it to fix mine." Harry said.

Sirius took a breath. "Still though. You had a Deathly Hallow, and you act like it was no big deal!" 

Harry suddenly felt very awkward. "Uh, Sirius?" 

"What?" Sirius asked. "Oh no, what revelation are you about to dump on me?"

Harry smiled at that, just a little. "You know the Potters are descended from the Peverells, right?"

"What's that got to do with anything?" Sirius blinked. 

"Oh, Merlin's beard." Remus said. "The fucking cloak." 

"The cloak?" Sirius said incredulously, before it dawned on him. "The fucking cloak!"

"That was a Hallow?" Fred asked. 

"Yeah..." Harry said. "Passed from father to son..." 

"Remus, I feel like a fool." Sirius said. 

"So do I, Siri. So do I." Remus said. 

"Merlin, Harry, we should just find the stone." George joked. 

"...About that..." Harry trailed off awkwardly.