26: Revelations

Harry woke gasping for breath. His scar ached and nausea roiled in his stomach. Slipping out of bed, he made his way to the bathroom. To his surprise, he didn't puke. He tried to settle back in bed but sleep wouldn't come, leaving him tossing and turning.

The bedcurtain moved slightly, and Draco's face peered in.

"Hey." Harry whispered softly.

"You are awake." Draco said, then gestured to the covers.

Harry nodded, and Draco tucked himself against Harry under the blankets. His presence lulled Harry back to sleep.

~~~

Christmas was steadily approaching. Harry felt like he was running all over the place. Draco was running all over- Prefect duties and homework hardly left them any time together it felt like. Plus there was the D.A. and Quidditch. 

They tried as often as they could to sneak out to the Room of Requirement for their own D.A. experience. Draco continued to impress Harry every time, and Draco was always in awe of Harry's magic. When it was just the two of them Harry didn't use his wand. It was just a reassuring weight in his pocket.

~~~

"Draco?" Harry asked one day in the Room of Requirement.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember that book we were reading when we found out I was an Aevumiter?" 

"Of course. Why?"

"Why had you read it before?" Harry asked.

"Ah." A slight hint of color went to Draco's cheeks. "Father made me read it. I had to deduce which Inheritances were most probable for me to receive."

Harry's brows rose. "Do you have one?"

"I do." Draco said. "Though it's so distant that it hardly affects me at all. Its more of a legacy, I suppose."

"What is it?" Harry asked, eager.

"My seven-times great grandmother was a veela."

"What?" Harry laughed. "You're part veela?"

"A small part." Draco said. "I don't have any veela abilities."

"Well, you certainly look the part." Harry said, with new insight into his very fair skinned, and very pale haired boyfriend. Even the silvery eyes.

Draco spluttered. "I- you- I- uh." 

Harry laughed, and then his brain- or magic- made a connection. The spluttering had reminded him of a certain cat... A light colored, grey eyed cat. Eyes a grey that was unnatural to cats- a grey in such a unique shade as to look silver. A cat with very human mannerisms and intelligence.

Harry stared at Draco.

"What is it?" Draco asked, a frown creasing between his brows.

"Steel?"

A moment of shock dashed Draco's face, before a sly grin replaced it. "Took you long enough to figure it out."

Harry's jaw slacked. "How could you not tell me you were an animagus?"

"You didn't tell me you were one either." Draco returned.

Harry  blinked. "Oh. I guess I didn't, did I? I forgot that you didn't know."

"I suppose we're both on the same page now." Draco said.

"Yeah." Harry grinned. "You know what this means?"

Draco narrowed his eyes. "What are you thinking?"

"Let's go exploring."

Draco's grin mirrored Harry's, and the spells were put aside for the rest of the day.