7: Slytherin

Fourth years and younger were dismissed early, as it was getting later in the evening.

"It's probably a good thing you weren't a prefect, huh, Potter?" Malfoy grinned. "If you had you would've just lost it."

"If I had gotten it, I would have given it to Ron anyway." Harry snapped. The locket burned, and he could feel the fiery dark magic seeping into his veins.

"Oh, yes, definitely still a lion there." Malfoy said. "Blaise, you'll have to help me shave that mane off if he's going to have any chance surviving in slytherin."

Harry's wand tip buried itself into Malfoy's midriff. "I'm not afraid to hex, jinx, or charm you." Harry didn't look at Malfoy as he spoke lowly, instead keeping his head level and facing ahead. "I am in a very bad mood and highly likely to cast a violent spell at the next person who so much as tries to take a jab at me, even if it's Albus Dumbledore himself."

Zabini whistled appreciatively, then noticed Harry's wand, digging painfully into Malfoy's side. Malfoy himself was alarmed, behind the indifference. Zabini's face gained a tint of wariness. Maybe Harry was someone to worry about.

"Am I understood?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. We get it." Zabini said, before someone else got Malfoy hexed. Harry slipped his wand back into his pocket.

They didn't talk much the rest of the sorting. The Weasley's all returned to gryffindor.

Slytherin. He was going to have to survive slytherin and Umbridge this year, as well as hunt and destroy the horcruxes he could get to without anyone noticing. 

"Is there something on my face?" Harry asked a while later, having noticed Malfoy staring.

"A scar." Malfoy replied.

"I wasn't aware." Harry deadpanned.

"Blaise, how do you think he'd look in green?" Malfoy asked.

Zabini looked at Harry thoughtfully. "It would probably bring out those eyes."

"Hmm." Malfoy hummed, resting his face on a fist as he leaned on the table. "We'll have to do something about his hair."

"You won't do anything to my hair." Harry glared.

"We'll see." Malfoy said. "Oh, look, they've gotten to the seventh years."

Harry was grateful when the whole thing was over, and they were excused to go to their dorms. Of course, now he had to sleep among Slytherins who would probably turn him in to Voldemort at the first chance they got.

Harry nearly jumped out of his skin when he was grabbed by the arm and pulled off to the side. He was met face to face with Ron, who had a hold of him, and Hermione.

"Harry, you have to go to Dumbledore." Hermione said.

"No." Harry said. "Dumbledore can't help me."

"He's the headmaster, of course he can-" Ron insisted.

"He didn't even look at me once during my hearing." Harry said. 

"You probably just didn't notice-" Hermione defended him.

Harry tugged his arm out of Ron's grasp.

"Mate, you aren't gonna make it through the night." Ron said. "There isn't a single slytherin who wouldn't kill you in your sleep!"

"Did you not see what table I was sitting at?" Harry hissed. "I'm in fucking slytherin."

"Well, it's a bloody mistake-"