DO MONSTER'S CRY

My heart skips a beat as I take him in for the first time in weeks. His once-wild curly hair is now neatly trimmed, and his beard is closely groomed, yet they fail to conceal the almost feral look in his eyes.

"Mo Thine," he breathes, his yellow eyes flashing, his words sending a pulse of need through my body.

"My apologies, Mr. Brady. I had no idea she was one of yours," Mr. Chocolate says, holding up his hands and taking a step back.

"I'm not."

"She's not."

We say simultaneously, causing the man beside me to look confused. Placing the pool cue on the table and draining his glass, he offers me a sheepish smile and continues to back away, exiting the bar quicker than a teenager trying to get out of doing their chores.

"What do you think you are?"

"What are you doing, Erin?"

Speaking over each other again, I roll my eyes. Frustrated by his Alphaness, I attempt to step away from him. He quickly notices my action and intention to retreat, his touch crackling with electricity as he grabs my arm.

We stare at each other for several moments, the tension palpable. The pull...

"I suggest you release my sister." Standing directly behind Liam, the mountain grumbles, his voice low enough that only Liam and I can hear. I shake my head at how quickly he managed to get from the booth to where he is now. I didn't even see him move.

"I know Ava's your mate, but Erin," Liam starts.

"Ciara," Griffin corrects, his muscled arms crossing over his flanneled chest.

"Who?" Liam asks, turning to face Griffin, his hand still wrapped around my arm as he unconsciously pulls me towards him.

Steel-blue eyes drop to where Liam's hand grasps me, and Griffin inhales deeply. "Ciara, Erin, she is my sister."

Liam turns back to look at me, confusion marring his features. "What?"

"It's true, Liam; it seems Isla and I share the same father. Surprise!" I offer, basking in his warmth as he pulls me closer.

"You're a she-wolf?" He asks, his voice piercing something deep within my chest. Hope.

"No," Griffin replies, and I sense Liam releasing his grip on my arm, letting me go as if I've scorched him. It's kind of amusing because I totally could do that. Glancing at the corner of my vision, I observe him taking a step back, his head lowered.

"You and Isla?" He asks, his tone off.

"Hi Liam," Ava chirps, seizing hold of my other arm and dragging me towards her. Stumbling slightly at her tug, I plant my feet to regain my balance, the wine starting to make my head spin.

"Ava," Liam grumbles in greeting, his breathing labored as if he's struggling with something.

"Well, this was fun," Shay intervenes, looking down at me, my body suddenly hot. "Ready to go, Tiger?"

I mumble something, I think it's an acknowledgement, the room suddenly loud. What's going on with my head? I can hear Griffin's response to Liam and also him telling him to keep this between us.

"Okay, well, I think it's time to go," Ava agrees, guiding my body towards the exit, my feet moving on autopilot as we step outdoors into the open air. I turn one last time to look over my shoulder. My heart seizes when I see the broken look on Liam's face as the door closes behind us.

*******************************************

"Are you ready?" Morgan asks, kneeling beside me. I find myself in the same position as last time, my head resting on the cushions. The warmth of the fire fans over my face, sending tingles of pleasure through my body. Blinking, I watch as snow falls gently outside the cabin's window. Seeing the tiny flakes, I feel content with my decision to hold this session here rather than at the treehouse.