BESTIES

"Oh my goodness, both of you look absolutely stunning!" Ava gushes, rushing over and enveloping Isla and me in a tight hug.

I have to concede that the stylist did an exceptional job. In just under two hours, we were groomed, waxed, and polished to perfection. Our skin glowed with a subtle shimmer, and our hair was expertly straightened and lightly curled to achieve the flawless look. I squeeze Ava back before stepping back to admire her attire: a form-fitting black gown that showcased her stomach and cleavage, just like Isla and I, Ava is wearing the sister necklace.

"You're quite the sight yourself," I smirk, extending my hand to feel my future niece or nephew.

"Yep, no point in hiding this little monster anymore," Ava grins, chuckling when I recoil slightly, my hand detecting a solid movement under the fabric of her dress.

"Is that normal? You're, what, two months along. Should I be feeling movement already?" I press my hand closer, and indeed, there it is again—a kick.

"She-wolves carry differently than most women," Griffin interjects, a dimple forming in his cheek beneath his beard. "Erin," he says, mischief twinkling in his eyes as he uses my adopted name. "Unlike the usual nine months, Ava will carry our child for six," he explains.

"So you're in your second trimester or something. But isn't it still a bit early for movement?" I inquire, my knowledge of pregnancy limited but intrigued nonetheless.

"That's why HE is a little monster," Ava remarks fondly to her bump. "Aren't you? Yes, you are, my little Alpha."

Griffin, looking incredibly dashing in a black suit with a matching tie, his hair neatly styled, turns his attention to Isla, who stands quietly to the side. Blinking several times, he starts to say something, then pauses, exhaling deeply. "Sister, you look," Griffin's voice cracks with emotion, "like mother. Beautiful."

I turn to Isla and observe her. Her hair matches Griffin's dark brown hue, her eyes as steely as mine, reminiscent of our father's. But her petite frame, her nose, her smile—all Aisling. "Thank you, brother," Isla nods in his direction, affection evident in her tone.

"I love the color on you, Isla. Champagne pink is perfect. It really complements your coloring," Ava adds, reaching out to squeeze Griffin's hand. "Erin, well done. I would've thought you'd make her wear something black or red."

Ava's remark isn't far from the truth; I had indeed considered dressing Isla in red. "As much as I'd love to take the credit, it wasn't me."

"Isla?" Ava's eyes widen in surprise.

"No, let's just say our host is very generous," I reply, noticing Isla ducking her head, a slight blush adorning her cheeks as she avoids eye contact.

"And where's Mr. Hot Boss?" Ava inquires, scanning the room filled with overstuffed sofas in the Belle suite, her question eliciting a growl from Griffin. Turning to face her mate, Ava reaches out to cup his cheek. "My Wolf, you know you're the only man for me." I catch a flash of red in his eyes before they return to their usual steel blue.

Griffin growls again, pulling Ava against his body and burying himself in her curls, his wolf displaying its possessive nature. "Doe, if there was another, they'd be dead," he growls, his voice taking on a slightly guttural quality.

Noticing my surprise, Ava pats Griffin's chest and sighs. "Erin, meet My Wolf."

"She knows me," he replies, his eyes showing a reddish sheen. I step towards them, Griffin's chest rumbling with delight as I touch his cheek.

"Hello, old friend," I murmur, eliciting a pleased response from Griffin.

"Brother, we have company," Isla interjects, prompting Griffin's wolf to retreat and allowing Griffin to return to his usual self. Glancing at my watch, I note it's 8:15 PM. Showtime.