CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY

"Evening, Miss Petrov," Siaosi, Si for short, smiles, his white teeth flashing in the light of the club's VIP entrance.

"Evening, handsome," I purr, admiring the massive Samoan bouncer, his many tribal tattoos intricately lacing his muscular arms on full display. I grin back and strut up to where he is holding the door open for us.

"And might I say you also look lovely this evening." He winks, then turns to Isla. My sister is moving silently behind me, her head down, attempting to avoid detection. "And who is this little beauty?"

"She, Si, is off the menu," I reply, watching him nod in acknowledgment.

My comment isn't for him; Si's a happily married man to an equally hot wife and the proud father of two mini Me's. But I know he will take this warning and alert the rest of the team to be on their best behavior."

"Noted," he replies, then smiles again. "Well, I hope you both have an eventful evening. The room is ready and waiting for you."

"Thanks, oh, and tell Nereemi that I require some more tonic." Nereemi, his wife, is an earth witch and has a talent for herbal remedies, especially those that prevent unwanted pregnancies. As I like to call it, her baby deterrent tonic works a dream and is almost undetectable to any medical or magical screening. Using the last of my supply after my little rendezvous with Liam, I plan on stockpiling the stuff to ensure that I don't become a birthing machine once Alexei and I become bonded and I give him his heir.

"I will." Si replies, giving me a conspiratorial wink, "now get your hot little ass inside and out of the cold. Otherwise, it will be my ass in trouble."

I laugh and pat Si on the arm as we pass, Isla still not saying a word as we enter a small, gently lit room. Waiting for my sister, I turn towards the only object in the room, a long staircase leading to the second level, and listen to the sounds of the club thumping just beyond.

As I start climbing the stairs, I wait until the door closes behind us before turning to Isla. "You're chatty tonight."

She nervously nibbles her bottom lip and grimaces. "I'm not great with conversation."

Realizing that being in a public setting might be challenging for Isla, given her sheltered upbringing and limited experience with strangers, I ask, "Are you going to be okay?"

Shrugging and closing her eyes, Isla tilts her head in her usual manner and takes a deep breath. When she opens her eyes, she gives me a slight nod and gestures for me to continue up the stairs.

Offering her an encouraging smile, I proceed to the landing. Taking the final step, a thick, heavy black curtain is pulled aside, revealing the Platform. Moving through, I smile again when I see Kalei, Si's younger and more mischievous brother, standing off to the side, holding a large swath of fabric in his equally large hands.

Whistling a greeting as we pass through, I offer him a small twirl before moving over and pulling him in for a quick hug. Both Si and Kal have acted as big brothers to me on more than one occasion when I've had one too many drinks at the club and attracted the unwanted attention of some creep. Despite being able to handle myself, I appreciate knowing they've got my back. The men in the club, all family members to Si and Kal, are cut from the same cloth. They take care of their own, a principle that's central to Stephan's decision to hire them.

"It's been too long, big guy," I smile, watching as he grins in response, his smile dangerously charming. I dismiss my thought about Stephan's reasons for hiring them and decide it's simply because they're all incredibly attractive, and he knows they're a hit with the women. Cruze is one of the top nightclubs in the city, catering to women's desires. Even the men enjoy tagging along as companions, knowing their dates will likely leave them thoroughly satisfied by the end of the night. Yes, women can also appreciate fine art and get a little heated under the collar.