LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART

I wake early the following day, my eyes heavy with sleep, and instinctively reach out for Liam, only to find the other side of the bed empty. It's not a surprise, but his absence leaves a noticeable ache in my chest, a silent reminder of the connection we shared.

"One night, Erin. You knew it was only for one night. Pull your shit together, girl," I scold, stretching as a delicious ache throbs at my core. Fido certainly knows how to take control.

I smile at the memory of our evening together and climb out of bed to prepare for the morning.

First stop: the shower. Make that a long shower with lots of soap.

************************************************

With my car loaded and the cabin locked and tidied, I arrive at the treehouse and park. The delicious smells of breakfast greet me as I climb out of the car. Checking my watch, I grin when I see that it's 8 am, right on time. Carrying my gifts, I approach the front door and give it a solid knock.

"Merry Christmas, Bitch!" Ava exclaims, throwing open the door with a wide smile. She reaches out to take my box of gifts, planting a kiss on my cheek before stepping aside to let me in.

I wipe my boots on the mat and shrug off my coat, hanging it neatly on one of the hooks just inside the door. Ava whistles appreciatively, "Damn, girl, I think I have fashion envy right now." I glance down at my outfit: skin-tight black leather pants, a blood-red V-neck, and a silk blouse, knowing that my assets are on full display. However, one glance at Ava, dressed in a black turtleneck dress that accentuates her baby bump, reminds me of where the true beauty lies in this space.

Arm flying out automatically, Ava doesn't flinch when my hand fixes itself on her stomach. Smiling up at me, she covers her palm over mine, pressing it deeper into her flesh. "I know it's still early days," Ava starts, gently squeezing my fingers. "But I swear I feel him moving."

"Him?" I echo, my gaze dropping to her hand, and I momentarily forget about "mountain junior" when I notice it—the ring. So shiny. I squeal with excitement and grab her hand, pulling it up to eye level.

I can't help but ogle the massive European-cut diamond and platinum ring resting on her no longer naked engagement finger. "OMG, I think I just had a mini climax. When did this happen? Actually, forget that. Hold up, how do you know it's a him?" I gape at the information overload as she laughs at my reaction.

"I'm positive this little wolf must be a boy, considering he's completely drained all my energy," Ava gushes over her tiny bump. "Griffin says it's normal," she adds, looking at me with a blush forming on her cheeks. "You know, the passing out. But I think it's because I have a mini Alpha inside."

"Okay, I get that, little Alpha and all. But girl, seriously, let's go back to the massive ass rock," I drool, reaching out to touch. "So shiny, so pretty, I think I will call you mine."

Ava laughs and flexes her finger. We admire the ring, watching as the light shines off the many angles of the diamond. "It's my Christmas present. It was Aisling's," she explains.

I smile at her, recalling the memory of discovering the ring hidden in a small box under the floor. "I know, I remember."

"Shut the front door!" Ava yells excitedly. "Tell me everything."

"Later," I reply, my focus still on Ava. I want to wait until the others are around, not wanting to have to repeat myself. "Most importantly, what did you get the mountain for his present? Anal?"

Smacking my arm and blushing, she doesn't deny it. " You dirty, little hoe." I chuckle, then pull her into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of how far you've come. One day you're taking your first steps, the next... well, your taking it up the ass like a pro."