Chapter ??: The Dragon's bloody return

Turmoil..pain. These were things I felt as I woke up. Most of the things would pass, but this felt like a longing pain really. Like something was missing. Slowly my eyes opened.

Then I saw the sky, a black, cracked sky that was broken by a neon green fire, my bones ached and my body felt like I hadn't moved in ages. Gradually I felt myself sitting up.

And one glance to my bloodstained claws confirmed it. My tail irritably flicked behind me, and my wings furled to my back, slowly I looked forward to see a corpse with my blade stuck in it. But something felt familiar about them. But the problem was...

The corpse had no features. No looks, no nothing. And I didn't know what to think of this. Then I felt a gentle hand on my cheek, and when I looked I saw these two figures behind me, then I realized. My eyesight was blurring? But I felt fine. I blinked it away and what I saw was a faceless woman with pale white skin, raven black hair going down to half way on her back.

And another woman who I could only say looked full like a demoness out of legend and myth. Her hair went down her back fully, and her eyes were glowing. Her hands were formed into claw like looks and upon her shoulder, I saw an eye briefly form then fade away. But...then I saw it.

She was crying. When I looked to the faceless woman, she was almost the same way. I could see them both trembling finally my hearing came to and I could hear only dull sounds at first, then it became clearer. I looked at my arms to see the black scales, the faint glow underneath looked the same as the flames which cracked the sky.

Who was I? What happened that I ended up like this? But then that hit me like a train. I didn't know who I was!? But I knew so much, and I knew these two. When I try to remember anything beyond that it hurts. Like something in my head, is blocking my memories. Finally I could hear them, they were shouting at me now. I instinctively jumped slightly, looking to them now. I felt pain still, that longing one and my whole body ached in pain too. My bones creaking as if they were under great stress of before. I wiped my mouth and found blood on the back of my right hand.

Whatever happened. It hit me harder than something I've known, or used to know rather. My face was resting in one of confusion. The women next to me were finally breaking through the dull ringing in my ears as my hearing fully came to now.

Slight booms of thunder and explosives in the distance made me think this was a warzone we were in, or a lingering war at least. "(Y/n)!" Though I didn't know the name, I turned to the side, to look for what may have happened before, then I felt them shake me. And from the way they looked at me. I guess that was my name?

It felt... right to me. "Y-Yes?" I croaked out, my own voice weak from whatever had happened before I blacked out. Slowly the surroundings around us distorted and I noticed we were in a forest, rather on the walkway towards one, and as I looked behind us, I saw a mansion. It looked run down and old, the windows were in fine repair, the rest of it looked pieced together, held up by rusty nails and old boards.

They both sighed in visible relief as tears clouded the demoness's eyes, and the faceless woman leaned into my back, slowly, I felt my wings furling around her, as if to keep her warm, and my tail went over to the demoness. It clicked slowly. Z..Zal..why couldn't I remember!? WHY!?!?

What happened that made me forget!? Who rather. But what was that figure? Maybe they know? I managed to open my mouth to at least speak. "W-where are we? W-who are you two?" The demoness seemed confused at that question.

"What do you mean? Don't you recognize me?" Her voice sounded pained, pleading. And the tears in her eyes...it hurt. To see her crying like this, to see her so in pain, not physically but emotionally. It tore me in two.