Chapter 5: A delicate situational choice[Re-written chapter]

**3rd person pov:**
It was half and half throughout their entire stay. Days turned to weeks and weeks to months. Eventually it was hard to keep track. But (Y/n) kept track of every-day and every hour, keeping track of it helped him stay sane, though he could tell it was fall he couldn't tell which EXACT month it was.

The rest of the year was spent by (Y/n) trying to figure out why Zalga and Slenda, two strong beings and written about a lot, always used up their damn strongest moves at the start. Why would you reveal all your good cards to start in a fight. The answer he got?

'It's better to get the fight done quickly.' To which was a prompt facepalm from (Y/n). On one hand you can argue that is true, but also if the enemy is competent then they will be prepared. Likely to either avoid, shield against, or possibly turn it back.

As (Y/n) looked at the two of them, he noticed that they were staring intently at him, looking between them he was wondering why. Though as they looked at each-other they then looked at him again.

"...You've got to be fucking kidding me..."

**(Y/n)'s pov:**

"You still want me to join one of your groups." I said in a calm tone now as they both sat across from me, Zalga to my right and Slenda to my left. Both of them were looking to the ground and while both of them were still skeptical of if I would really go with them I sighed a bit.

"I thought I already told you people about my answer? I'm not joining one side." The both of them looked off to opposite sides, as if like guilty children. The rain was calmer than usual, pitter-pattering along the roof. A glance at Slenda as my thoughts went by, if I joined her then things would be possibly equal, but then was the problem of Zalga's power as well, I was able to face them and survive, but I'd need to be-careful about how often I threw my power out.

If I were to join Zalga however then things would also be one sided, I'd be pretty much stuck in the middle of this war and who knew if I would be keeping my mental capacity, just taking one look at her 'proxy's', slaves and zombies everyone of them and constantly wanting blood. As it was they could barely match me but if I were to join one of them? Then me becoming a proxy would smash all chances of any equal weight.

I also needed to still get my weapons and armor properly tested...fixed up.

And combining that on the fact that as it was I had barely explored my armor and weapons powers. I was a equalizer to this whole thing. A single figure whom did not want to disturb balance here. No matter how much they begged. Or how much they tried to bribe me...with that I stared at Zalga who noticed my stare and glanced to the side, whistling...

How the fuck she was whistling, I don't know, don't ask me. That's not my job, that's the Author's job.

[Son of a bitch...MARNELL!]

(Y/n): Not sorry...

[Shut the fuck up, or I kick your ass!]

(Y/n): As if!

[I will fucking erase you!]

(Y/n): NO!

[*After fixing that fourth-wall break*]

Slenda was first to speak up "W-well...you...did work hard to help me when I was injured through the training sessions." Slenda nervously stated, Zalga nodded a bit at that. "Even though we aggravated you, me most especially...you still went to care for my injuries." They both were thankful that I worked at helping to care for them, and despite the fact I cut off most of Slenda's tentacles one time, at least she wasn't entirely mad.