Chapter 10: Forget how to duck?

As a new guest arrives. Everyone is curious about how she knows Sevria. Sevria however only explains it to (Y/n) And from there. He remembers who they were and how they knew him. But to really say that he knows them is a stretch. However. They are still a loved one alongside Sevria now. But with this in mind. He wonders just how many people will pursue him. Her words still ringing in his ears as he prepares for the upcoming events in the mansion. And a combatant that he did not expect to come around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Also. The song at the top has become the theme song of the character of this book. Also. Intro music.]

**3rd person pov**

(Y/n) was preparing breakfast. He had gained that job a while ago when he first arrived here, being both chef and resident guardian. While also being the resident snuggle pillow apparently. Once he finished preparing breakfast he grabbed his plate, which was of scrambled eggs, bacon, and rice.

Jackie's plate was a specially seasoned and nicely arranged human kidney of course. The others he got creative in their meals in a way that fit each of them, however for now he kept to himself on that. Speaking in even a mutter or whisper meant he would probably give something away. So for now he kept his claws sharp.

As he ate however he felt a weight on his back and looked back slightly to see a friend from earlier. Noticing it was Scaria, he sighed and finished chewing his bite of breakfast and then swallowed, BEFORE talking. He then finally decided to bite. "Scaria, why are you on my back right now?" He inquired and then Scaria just shrugged. "It just feels comfy." She stated simply and (Y/n) sighed. That always seemed to be the answer so he just relented into it honestly. His scales were honestly fairly smooth, but really? Sleeping against something that can take a bullet without even being phased? That's comfy? (Y/n) Just shook his head and was about to take another bite till the others all came over as well, he was sitting on the couch with Scaria on his back, Jane on his right and Jackie on his left. Jess was close to the right, so was Benny and then Angel, Slenda and Zalga were on the left. Sevria and Sherika were in front of him.

He sighed before he just relented into this now and continued eating but then a question came up from Slenda. "So, (Y/n). Have you decided who among us you like the most?" She asked in a teasing tone. And (Y/n) Nearly choked on his food before he once again finished chewing then swallowed. "Okay. First up. I am not picking favorites, we all know how that ends up." The others aside from Slenda and Zalga, all nodded their heads.

When no one objected he continued on. "Plus, it's not my place to say. You girls are all really nice in your own ways. Jess is cute with that smile of hers and the pale skin adds a nice touch." Jess immediately blushed at the compliments. "Then there's Jane with the really beautiful way her eyes compliment the rest of her. Plus the style of clothing really goes together well." Jane giggled nervously as she ate. Then he looked to Jackie. "And Jackie. Seriously, what's not to love? She's nice, she's caring, and the best friend anyone could ask for. Plus kinda envy how her eye sockets are." (Y/n) finished and then gestured to everyone as Jackie as well was blushing behind her mask.

"Everyone has their own appeal. So I would gladly say that you all are my favorites. Equally." At this he didn't realize he had sealed his grave. He finished his food and looked to all of them as they stared at him and he blinked. After a few minutes he spoke up. "What?"

At that they all seemed to smirk and then giggle as he then quickly got up and walked to the kitchen. But he didn't notice Scaria still on his back. He walked over to the sink and set his plate in it. Then when he went to turn he took note of it. He put his hand up to his neck but felt her arms around it.