Chapter 1: Small beginnings[Re-written]

**3rd person pov:**

A dragonkin man wake's up and then start's to get his things in order, living in a run down house away from what could be considered a secure area. It was really hard to tell where exactly this was, the pitter patter of rain, tall trees overhead, a fog among the area. As far as he could tell the humans that lived nearby were at least a good few miles out, he could only estimate exactly how far away they were.

(Y/n) sighed as he looked up to the sky through a hole in the roof, this was the downside of living in ruins but he took it over the questions and accusing gaze of humans anyday, he would take that over having to deal with the crowds any day of the years. But then he gently smacked himself with his claws dulled (And thank fuck for that) and then he gave a determined look outside. The mindless proxies of Zalga had been getting sent out more and more now a days and he figured they'd make good practice, (Y/n) barely held a sword before and the greatsword he had just recently forged, was about as long as half his own height, and he stood at a height of 7'6, not even a full grown dragonkin.

But as soon as he stepped outside, rapid footsteps yet quiet footsteps were heard under the quiet sound of the rain, slowly his gaze traced along his surroundings with claws sharpening in a nervous manner, slowly he reached to the greatsword hilt on his back, unclipping the strap over it to grab hold of the hilt itself and prepare, though the steps grew closer just as rapid as they went. Without a moment to think, his arms moved into action and (Y/n) shoved a hand that held a knife away from himself and off to his right, as a man in tattered clothes stood before him.

The man's eyes were given a red sheen to the irises and the sclera was a very faded grayish color, blackish veins were going along from his eyes and his face was permanently stretched into what looked like a pained expression. 

It put the dragonkin on edge. He adjusted his stance and held his greatsword within his right hand while his left arm was in front of him to defend against any further attacks, clenching his left hand into a fist and holding tightly to the greatblades hilt in his right hand now. The sound of leather stretching quietly resounded in his horns.

**1st person pov:**

'Great...I just got out of the house and ones already here. I need to kill it quickly before they find my house, even if it means more training dummies, them knowing where I am would be a damn problem. And I do not have enough to take on Zalga not to mention ALL of her minions as well. I need to be smart about this, he's got speed on me.

Slowly the two of us seized each-other up, slowly we circled each-other. Though I watched as he darted towards me in a blurr, though I was used to this, using my left arm to quickly redirect the arm trying to slash at me upwards and slamming the pommel of my great-blade into the crazed man's chin, with a growl of pain from the man. He tried to flail at me, as I slid back on my feet, quickly taking a back-step to grab hold of the hilt of my blade, slashing horizontally across their waist and watching as the man's legs fell to the ground, and his upper half went sailing past me.

He tried to crawl towards me. So I walked over and held my blade over him, dropping the point of my blade through his heart. The hand briefly reaching up before it froze, jerkily falling to the ground.

I sighed in relief.

'One down, infinite to go till I'm ready...'

Slowly I took in my surroundings and looked around at everything around me, the forest was alive as ever. The chirping of the crickets, the gloomy fog remaining all around me, though even among this rain, a scent drifted on the wind. Then more came to my mind slowly as the rain grew heavier and thunder was echoing overhead now. This wasn't an ordinary group...the storm was too well-timed for the other steps to suddenly fade in, they waited.