Chapter 7: The Dark Forest

~~☆☾❀ -Y/n's POV- ❀☾☆~~

"Okay, I think I got it." Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were in the library. I had finally finished my research on Nicholas Flamel. I pass my notes to Hermione.

She reads the description in the page "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" She turns to me, "Why did this take you so long to find? I mean thank you, but why?"

"Do you have any idea how many books there are in this library, and how many of them seem like they're going to have something to do with this guy but have absolutely nothing to do with it at all? And I gotta have at least three sources..."

"Okay, we get it. What's the Philosopher's Stone?

"Honestly, don't you two read? The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal." She passes the boys my paper.

"Immortal?" Ron asks, staring down at the paper in front of him.

"It means you'll never die."

"I know what it means!"

"Shh!"

'The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!' She continues to read the paper she had snatched back from Ron. "May I ask why you wrote this like a final exam essay? But anyway, that's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor... the Philosopher's Stone!"

We all look at each other in concern. We run out of the library and run across the castle grounds to Hagrid's hut. Harry rapidly knocks on the door and Hagrid, who is wearing an apron and oven mitts, opens it from the inside.

"Hagrid!"

"Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." He begins to close the door."

"We know about the Philosopher's Stone!" The four of us tell him in unison.

Hagrid opens the door again "Oh."

We all go into Hagrid's hut.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it."

"I don't, but these three have they're heart set."

"Snape? Blimey, Harry, you're not still on about him, are you?"

"Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why."

"By we, he means them three."

"Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone! He's not about to steal it!"

"Told you so."

"What?"

"You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today."

"Wait a minute. One of the teachers?"

Hagrid's dog comes up and bumps my leg. I pet him a few times and he jumps up onto my chair.

"Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, aren't there? Spells, enchantments?" Hermione says catching on.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that." A cauldron over a fire begins to rattle. "Oh!" Hagrid hurries over and grabs something, "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" He places it on the table. It was an egg. The group crowds around.