Chapter 17: Back Through the Diary

~~☆☾❀ -Y/n's POV- ❀☾☆~~

I just felt awful. All the time. 

The power of the diary was to much for me to handle. 

As much as I trust Tom... something felt... off.

Tired. I was underslept from staying up writing.

Nervous. People are getting hurt. Someone is going to die.

Hungry. From missing meals.

Frustrated. Just from everything.

I need to get rid of this book.

~~☆☾❀ -Harry's POV- ❀☾☆~~

Ron and I and walking to the common room after visiting Hermione in the hospital.

I'm really worried about Y/n. She's been distant lately. She been snapping at people, at least more than normal. Missing meals. She looked exhausted. Hardly ever see her out of class anymore.

We turn the corner and there's water on the floor, as well as cries from the bathroom.

"Looks like Myrtle's flooded the bathroom."

Ron and I splash through the water to the bathroom.

"Yuck."

All the sinks are flowing, and all the drains were plugged.

Myrtle's sitting in the window. "Come to throw something else at me?"

"Why would I throw something at you?" I look up at her confused.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me..."

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'd just go right through you, wouldn't it?" [Rude]

"Oh sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle, because she can't feel it! Ten points if you can get it through her stomach. Fifty points if it goes through her head!"

"Who threw it at you anyway?"

"I don't know." She looks as if she's trying to remember. "I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head."

There's a small black leatherbound book. 

We walk out into the hallway. I start to open it.

"Are you mad? That could be cursed. Dad once told me about a book the Ministry confiscated that burned the eyes out of anyone who tried to read it." Ron grabs my hand. [The amount of times I've written ROn.]

"I'll take my chances." I open it.

"Ahhh! MY EYES! MY EYES!" Ron jokingly freezes.

I grin. At the end of corridor, I spot Y/n. Looking from me to the book in my hands, with a look a pure terror. She sprints off.

"Y/n! I was only joking-" But she's gone. "Brilliant." I sigh. "Even one of my best friends thinks I'm the monster."

"Who doesn't?"

It was late at night, I sit alone in the common room. I flip through the blank pages of the diary. Nothing.

I sigh and set it aside. I take the ink pot to the side of the table. 

I dip my quill in the pot and hold it over the book. A drop falls to the paper. And it... disappeared, as if it was sucked into the paper.