Chapter 15: Dueling Club

~~☆☾❀ -Y/n's POV- ❀☾☆~~

We're in the girls' bathroom. I'm helping Hermione brew Polyjuice Potion. Harry and Ron are standing by the stalls watching us.

"Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asks Harry after he finished retelling the conversation he had with Dobby last night.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." Ron states matter-of-factly.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." I pass her the next ingredient.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

"No. No one over comes in here." Hermione laughs.

"Why?"

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?"

The body of a young ghost girl comes through the wall. 

"I'm Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?"

Myrtle let out a loud cry and dived into the toilet.

"...She's a little sensitive."

"Y/n! Come on, the dueling club is starting soon!" Hermione pulls me along the corridor. Excitedly running to the Great Hall.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

The boy in front of Harry and I turns to us. "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap." 

I give him a bewildered look. He offers his hand, "Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff."

"Nice to meet you, Justin. I'm Y/n L/n." He shakes my hand eagerly. 

"I'm-"

"I know who you are. We all do. Even us Muggle-borns." I giggle and give Harry a look. HE playfully rolls his eyes at me. 

Justin grins and turns back to the stage.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration." Snape begrudgingly steps up onto the stage. "Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"What's the fun in that?" Ron grumbles.

Lockhart and Snape face each other and bow. They turn, walk back ten steps, then spin around. Wands aimed at the other, like swords.

"On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. One... two... three-"

"Expelliarmus!"

A bright flash comes from Snape's wand. Lockhart goes flying backwards. 

"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione looks at Lockhart on the floor.

"Who cares?"

He rises slowly. Hermione hands back his wand. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy..."