Chapter 13: Voices in my Head

~~☆☾❀ -Harry's POV- ❀☾☆~~

"Harry, Harry, Harry... Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me answer my fan mail?" I have to force a smile. Right now, I'm in Lockhart's office for detention. I think I favor the dark forest, right now. "Fame's a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." I nod, and glance at the towering stack of letter that are left. 

Come... come to me..., A chilling voice echoed through the room.

"What?"

"I was saying, six solid months at the top of the bestseller list! Broke all records!"

"No... not you, that... voice."

"Voice?"

"That... voice. Didn't you hear it?"

"What are you talking about, Harry? I think we're getting a bit drowsy. Great Scott, and no wonder, look at the time! We've been here nearly four hours! Dinner's nearly done! If you hurry you might make pudding. Spooky how the time flies when one's having fun!"

"Yeah... spooky."

I walk through the corridor, trying to find the source of the voice.

Blood... I smell blood...

I stop cold in tracks, looking around for the source of the voice.

Let me rip you... let me kill you...

I step to wall, I run my hand over wall, trying to see where the voice was coming from. I turn the corner and almost crash into Hermione and Ron.

"Harry!"

"Did you hear it?" I ask quickly.

"Hear what?"

"That... voice."

"Voice? What voice?"

My eyes snap around, "I heard it first in Lockhart's office and then again, just...

Kill... Time to kill...

"It's moving. I think it's going to kill."

I run off. Hermione and Ron quickly take off after me.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

I point at the wall.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED ENEMIES OF THE HEIR... BEWARE.

I spot Y/n walking through the hall, "Y/n!" She turns to me and goes pale when she sees the wall. 

"'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened...?' It's written in blood."

"What's that? Hanging underneath?"

"That's Filch's cat. Mrs. Norris." The cat is hung up by her tail on a nearby torch, eyes open, with a vacant expression on her face.

"No." Y/n breaths. I take her hand.

My eyes shift to the nearby window, spiders scuttle up the side of the wall.

"Look at that. Have you ever seen spiders act like that? Ron...?"

Ron is backing away, "I... don't... like... spiders." Y/n doesn't take her eyes off of the message on  the wall and Mrs. Norris.

Suddenly, the corridor fills with students. They all stare at the wall or Mrs. Norris. A ticking silence falls. Malfoy pushes his way to the front he grins at the sight.