Chapter 14: The First Match

~~☆☾❀ -Y/n's POV- ❀☾☆~~

Professor McGonagall stands before the class. An animal rested in front of each student. "Today, we will be turning animals into water goblets."

She taps the bird in front of her, three times, with the tip of her wand. It transfigures into a beautiful crystal water goblet. 

"Now, who would like to go first... Mr. Weasley?"

Ron nods. He taps his rat, Scabbers, he turns into a furry goblet with a tail.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley."

Ron nods sheepishly, and looks at his broken wand.

Hermione's raised hand. "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets?"

The whole class falls silent.

McGonagall considers Hermione's question for a long moment, then nods.

"Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school... according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this  castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber of Secrets and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." Hermione states simply.

"Yes. Naturally, the school has been searched many times for such a chamber. It has never been found."

"Professor, what exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?"

"The Chamber is said to be home to something which the heir of Slytherin alone can control. It is said to be home... to a monster."

~~☆☾❀ -Harry's POV- ❀☾☆~~

"D'you think it's true? D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are."

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it's really been opened, that means..."

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts."

"I'm sorry. I-I have to go." Y/n suddenly runs away from the group. 

There was nothing that I would like more than to go after her. Just hold her, promise everything'll be okay. I hated seeing her in this worried state. She didn't deserve this. But I had to find out more about the chamber.

"...The question is, who is it?

"Hmm, let's think. Who do we know who thinks Muggle-borns are scum?"

"If you're talking about him-" Hermione looks at Malfoy, who was was walking in front us.

"Of course! You heard him, 'You'll be next, Mudbloods!'"

"I heard him. But Malfoy? The Heir of Slytherin?"

"Maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries."