Chapter 9: Only the Beginning

~~☆☾❀ -Harry's POV- ❀☾☆~~

I wake up in the hospital wing, there is a large variety of candies on a cart next to my bed. Dumbledore enters the hospital wing. "Good afternoon, Harry. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?"

"Admirers?"

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows. Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he all right? What about Hermione? What happened to Y/n, is she okay?"

"Fine. Both Ron and Hermione are just fine. As for Y/n woke up just two hours before you. She wasn't tortured long enough to retain any serious physical consequences. A bit shaken up though."

"But, what happened to the Stone?"

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around."

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?

Dumbledore sits on the bed. "He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die."

"How is it I got the Stone, sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next..."

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that's saying something."

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?"

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" I shake my head. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." I touch my scar. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry, love. Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavored one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee..." he takes a brown bean and eats it. "Mm. Alas. Earwax."

I, with my arm still bandaged, entered the corridor where up on a stairwell balcony, Hermione, Ron, and I were talking. They stop when they see me and lean over the railing.

"All right there, Ron?"

"All right? You?"

"All right. Hermione?"

"Never better."

"Y/n?"

She smiled down at me, "I'm just glad you're okay."

The Great Hall is decorated in green, silver banners to represent Slytherin winning the house cup. Dumbledore gives a slight nod to professor McGonagall, who then clinks her spoon to her glass, to ask attention from the students. The crowd falls silent. Dumbledore stands up and speaks with his magically magnified voice. "Another year, gone! And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs to be awarded and the points stand thus. In fourth place: Gryffindor, with 312 points!" There is a small applause from the crowd. "In third place: Hufflepuff, with 352 points!" The applause for Hufflepuff is slightly louder than the claps for Gryffindor. Second: Ravenclaw, with 426 points!" Applause again, this time with a slight cheer from some students. "And in first place, with 472 points: Slytherin house!" A loud roar rises from the Slytherin table, as students stand up and clap for themselves. "Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award." Some faces at the Gryffindor table rise hopefully. "To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril, thirty five points!" Hermione looks surprised, while the other Gryffindor students applaud her.