𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9
ᴀᴘʀɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ

ᴠᴇʀʙ | ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢᴛᴏ ʙᴀsᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ; ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴘᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ

ᴠᴇʀʙ | ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ
ᴛᴏ ʙᴀsᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ; ᴛᴏ ᴇxᴘᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ.

𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢
𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷𝚜𝚝, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟷
𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜, 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

"AND THAT WILL BE ALL FOR TODAY," TOLD THE DARK-HAIRED WITCH AS THE THIRD YEAR HUFFLEPUFF STUDENTS SCUTTLED OFF, AWAY FROM THE CLASSROOM, INFAVOR OF GOING TO THE GREAT HALL TO CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN WITH THEIR FRIENDS. Morgana looked out of the glass window as the sky darkened just like her mood.

Morgana always had a love-hate relationship with the 31st of October. All the drama in her life started on this date, but in recent years it had quietened down to something which could be considered normal. Her last October was spent running around the Peverell Manor and chasing after an unsealed poltergeist that was an ancestor of the late Gilles de Rais. Morgana couldnt decide if it was her luck or Hadrians luck that caused the situation.

"So, we always have weird situations on October 31st," explained Hadrian to his two friends Padma Patil and Terry Boot. They had just come from charms and Hadrian wanted to show off his mother to his friends. The dark-haired girl didnt want to believe some of the stuff that came out of Hadrians mouth, but he didn't seem like a liar to her and so she gave him and his stories the benefit of doubt. "I think Uncle Severus will be taking more bets this year."

"Professor Peverell," greeted Terry with a nervous smile as Morgana stepped out of the classroom. "Did you really unleash a poltergeist from a seal? And did you really met a real Banshee in person?" Asked Terry as he fired more questions at Morgana to answer, Padma ears perked up as she wanted to listen to Morgana tales.

"The first one was purely accidental. And what kind of wizard would think to seal a poltergeist in an easily breakable glass vase?" Hummed Morgana as she accompanied them to the Great Hall. "The Banshee was located near a Peverell property. You will learn more about the spirits in your third year at Hogwarts or you can go to the library and find the book Magical Creatures Native to Ireland 1 by Amos Naismith."

"Thank you for the recommendation Professor," said Terry as Padma then went on to ask Morgana her own questions about her trips to India. Hadrian smiled as he watched his two friends get along with his mother. They went their separate ways once they reached the Great Hall.

"Which muggle thought that it would be a good idea to create a Holiday centred around children stuffing their mouths full of sweets?" Questioned Morgana as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice. Severus nodded in agreement as he watch a Gryffindor child turn extremely pale. "They should be hung, drawn and quartered," said Severus, not looking forward to dealing with hyperactive children on a sugar rush.

"I'll toast to that," hummed Morgana as the rest of the staff looked at them like they were nuts. She turned to face the rest of the teachers. "Six words. Hyperactive children on a sugar rush." Minerva McGonagall groaned the loudest out of the teachers and a look of horror passed onto her face.

"Weasley twins on a sugar high," muttered Minerva, not caring that she was being watched as she took out a leather flask and poured all the contents into her drink. Dumbledore was staying suspiciously quiet until he went to open his mouth and address the student body. Everyone went quiet as only goat noises escaped his mouth.

Severus had to place a hand on his mouth to cover his laughter after all he to keep up his evil dungeon bat image. McGonagall looked torn between helping and laughing while Morgana did what every other student in the Great Hall was doing. Laughing.

Morgana could hear the twins as they complained about being upstaged. "This is," said George as he looked at his twin. "A declaration of war!" Finished Fred as they then proclaimed that they were going show who the better prankster is. It seemed that McGonagall heard the declaration of war as well since she started muttering cusses in Latin.

The black-haired witch wondered if Qurrimort would do his Samhain production since he wasn't at the table yet. Gasps rang throughout the Great Hall as Qurrimort stumbled through the doors, tripping over his own feet, not before muttering his famous line. "There's a troll in the Dungeons!"

The students went into a panic as the teachers tried to calm them down, Dumbledore order the perfects to take the students to their respective houses. "It seems youve been eating to many sweets because it must have rotten your brain so much that you've forgotten that the Slytherin dorms are in the Dungeons," told Morgana as Dumbelewhore swallowed the growing lump in his throat. "I see perfects keep the students in the Great Hall while we deal with the troll."

"Is this the right bathroom? Its been so long," hummed Morgana as she split up from the teachers to deal with the troll. Morgana's nose twitched as the stench of the troll increased as she walked to the source. "Petrificus Totalus!" Yelled Morgana as she cast the spell onto the troll, petrifying it in the process. She then sent a wandless patronus to fetch the rest of the teachers.

"It's still alive just incapacitated," smirked Morgana. "Some teacher should stay here while the aurors get here. Everyone apart from myself and McGonagall will go to reassure that the situation is under control," explained Dumbledore as the teachers went back to the Great Hall.

"Quirrell," said Morgana, standing next to the semi-conscious man that was sitting himself up on the cold floor. "The troll has been incapacitated and the aurors have been called it would be such a shame if they had to arrest an additional person. But maybe they will find the person or persons responsible. Only time will tell..."