Chapter 17

I was peacefully taking a nap when I was rudely awakened by running, shouting, arguing and glassbreaking from downstairs.

"What the.... What the hell is going on down there?" slowly and sadly leaving my bed, I began making my way down the stairs on Leo and I's floor. Then walking down the other flight
of stairs to the bottom floor, all the while grumbling about how these kids don't respect or understand a person's love for their bed.

Getting to the bottom of the stairs,I can clearly see and hear Desmon and Dwacia arguing over...the...couch?

"What's going on? Why are you too arguing and where are Sannia and the others?" I asked

"Mom!" they both shouted and stumbled over to me.

"Come on, sit here." said Desmon pulling me to the couch and putting me to sit in the middle. "No, she's sitting here. It's much easier to hide them when she's sitting here." said Dwacia pulling me to the left side of the couch but leaving enough space at the end for someone else to sit.

For a small girl, she's quite strong.
" No, she's sitting here." said Desmon pulling me back into the position he had place me in a second ago. 'Wait... That sounds wrong, really wrong.' I thought to myself.

Shuddering and coming back to my senses, I realize that I'm still being pulled back and forth between the two. Right when I was about to say something, Damon comes along and breaks it up by getting in between the two and raising his voice a little louder than theirs.

"Guys would you please shut up and stop pulling on mom like she's some doll. Look at how dizzy she looks." he says and points at me and I pretend to be dizzy.

Both of them dropped my arms and step back. With guilty faces they mumbled "sorry mom" in sink.

Acting like I was no longer dizzy, I ask "For the 100th time, What's going on? Why is everybody running around like chickens with no heads and pulling on me like I'm some sort of toy?"

"Dad called and said you were acting really weird on the video call the other day. So, he's sending one of his worri-friend's over to check on us and he wants a group picture to ensure none of us are injured in anyway." said Dwacia

" OK that sounds a little too specific. Who snitched?" I asked looking all three of them in their eyes to tell who's lieing.

"Mom none of us snitched. If anyone snitched I'd say it was aunt Sannia, we all know she's easy to break." accused Dwacia

"yeah, no, I know Sannia. She's easy to break and intimidate but, she knows when and how to keep her mouth shut, when I don't want something very important disclosed. I defended rather quickly

" so what I want to know is, how did he get that assumption?"

"Who cares, that's why we're seating everyone in specific positions, to hide your bandaged hands in the photo. That why she should sit here." said Desmon pulling me back to his side after Dwacia pulled me to her side during the explanation.

"I think she should sit in the middle." said Damon agreeing with his twin. "No one asked you? Matter of fact, if you hadn't hurt moms hands, we wouldn't be in this situation right now." roared Dwacia obviously aiming at Damon.

With his head bowed, Damon whispered "It was an accident. I didn't mean for that to happen."

"Yeah well, it's a accident everyone has to pay for. Thanks alot brother." she ended with a scowl on her face.

Clearly hurt, Damon walks away with tear in his eyes and some rolling down his cheeks. Seeing one of her older brothers crying, the other glaring at her and a dissapointed look on my face, she becomes sad and guilty. She was about to go after him but, I got to my feet and grabbed her by the arm pulling her back.