Chapter 20

It's Monday and I just dropped the boys off and I'm currently heading to Dwacia's school with her in the passenger seat.

"Mom, you need to calm down. Your hands are literally shaking, and your driving.!" she says shouting the last part

"Look, crashing is the least of our problems right now, dancing in front of a bunch of judgemental bitches is. I know we're not dancing today, but I still have to face those judgemental bitches today."

"Because I know for a fact, that the minute we walk into that school, that EVERYONE will be staring at us. Mostly at me."

"What makes you think that's gonna happen?"
"Honey, in case you forgot, I'm black, fat and not that attractive. Plus people know I'm not your real mom, so people are gonna stare and gossip. Some of the more brave hearted ones might even try and approach me but, we both know how that's gonna turn out."

"Mom, we talked about you insulting yourself, you know I don't like it. Matter of fact we(deshawn and everyone else) don't like it. But your right about people wanting to approach you, especially when they all know my dad and that other woman."

"Well for their sake, they better not. I'm not in the right mood to be dealing with sluts and uptight bitches. I'm still allergic you know."

Parking the car, Dwacia exist's with a "me either" and begins to walk in the direction of the schools auditorium with me following unenthusiasticly behind her.

"Hurry up mom. We're gonna be late."
"What? They said 9:30, it's 9:15. According to time, we're 15 minutes early."

Once we made it to the doors of the auditorium, we walked in side by side and as predicted, everyone stopped what they we're doing and turned to stare.

This is exactly what happened at the dinner with Leonard, what a coincidence.

"Well hello there, welcome. My name is sheroone Simmonds and I'm the principal. You must be the beautiful lady Leonard told me about. Kenesha right?"

"Yes, Kenesha Thomason, but would prefer if you called me by my last name."

"Well of course Miss Thomason, come and join the others. We were just about to get started when we realized the main duo wasn't here as yet." she says chuckling lightly at the last part

"Main duo. What are you talking about?" asked Dwacia and I at the same time

"Leonard didn't tell you? He was the one who came up with the idea of this Mother Daughter Talent Show, and since Dwacia is his daughter and your his MA-her nanny. The event couldn't have started without you guys being here."

"That little- you know what, it's a pleasure being here. Shouldn't we be getting started?" I said swallowing the outburst that was about to leave my mouth

She leads us over to a pair of seats that was located close to the stage but far away from the others.

I know Leonard had something to do with the seating as well. See, this is why I love him so much, he gets and understands that I don't like trouble and only get in trouble when others, bring trouble along with them.

"thank you" we both said and the principal turned and walked over to the stage, grabbing the microphone and begins to talk.

"OK ladies, before we start I just want to say thank you all for coming and I hope this day is eventful. So the competition begins 1 week from now on October the 20th. So your gonna sign up a form telling us what talent you have chosen to perform. Then your gonna go home practice a unique routine and perform it on the 20th in front of a live audience. There will be only three(3) rounds and only 10 pairs Can move on to the second round and 5 to the final round."