Chapter 21

FINAL PRACTICE

The first round of the talent show was in two(2) days and Dwacia has officially gone crazy. I mean she's totally gone insane.

For the last day and a half, she's been busting my ass practicing the dance routine we came up with on our first 4 days of practicing.

Nothing in the routine has changed, but she's been relentless this whole time saying "we have to at least make it to the finals to show those bitches we are just as good as them. I heard from Janice that Melissa and her mom are dancing too, so we have to out dance them."

I told her about prejudice judges and hypocritical behaviours the voters might have against us. I told her that not all the judges might play fair. They could either be payed off, threatened or just favourite that person over the other.

I told her to not get upset if the votes doesn't seem fair.

And ever since I told her that she's been on my case ensuring I got every step and pose right.

"Fuck, you know what? I'm done, I'm done."
"Bu.."
"I. Am. Done and I'm not doing any more practicing for the rest of the day or tomorrow."
"If you need me, I'll be in my bathroom soaking my sore muscles in some warm water." I said in frustration and exhaustion and began heading out the gym

Walking pass the closed door of the kitchen, I can hear numerous amount of frustrated sighs and groans.

Fighting against my conscience with my conscience wining, I begrudgingly pushed the door open and walked inside.

Upon hearing the door being opened 7 heads turn to stare at the person entering.

"What's going on in here?" I asked
Desmon groaned and said " we're trying to get our math homework done, but keep getting stuck halfway through in every equation we attempt to do." nodding my head in understanding I asked "What kind of problems are you working?"
"Simultaneous and Quadratic equations. I just don't get it." groaned Damon slamming his math book shut in frustration

"Well, lucky for you guys, those were just few of the many math equations I ever understood, could do and still can do. I can help you guys understand the methods in a much easiery way. My. Way."

"Thank fucking god!" a blond kid who looks too muscular for his age, shouted out, but with a raised eyebrow from me, his eyes go wide and he covers his mouth with his hands "Sorry Lu-Mrs Comba-Miss Thomason."

"Nah its OK. They sometime escape from me too."

"No they don't. Every curse word that leaves your mouth, you say them freely. None of them ever escaped." said Damon

"Shut up Damon." "but before we get started why don't you introduce yourseelves."

"oh, I'm Shane. Sorry for my bad mouth before."
"I'm Justin, I'm justice Justin's twin."
"I'm Tory and I think you look very sexy in that outfit. I'm not flirting or anything just complementing." then he whispers "wouldn't want alpha to rip my head off."

"And I'm Joceline." says a beautiful blond with bright green eyes

"OK then, you already know who I am so let's get this lesson over with."

"First and foremost, you need to remember that when doing simultaneous or Quadratic equations to look for the..... "

3 hours later

"and the x would go right, here." says Joceline finishing the equation I gave her to do to see if she fully understood it, and she seems to do. So does everyone else.

"Now that wasn't so hard was it?"I asked them
"No it wasn't and that's because you teach well. You should be come a teacher." says Troy

"Yeah, me as a teacher doesn't sound well. You guys were great students and that why we were able to move slowly and you all caught on so well and so quickly. I have little patience-"

"True." both Damon and Desmon said
"Nobody asked you"

"Anyways, as I was saying. I have little patience and kids piss me off. That's not a good combination for a teacher of any kind. Except gym teachers, they can take their anger out on the kids and no one would know."

" I still think your a really good teacher Mrs Combárdo. Says Justin while packing his books into his book bag. The minute he called me Mrs Combárdo everyone went silent, he himself even froze mid packing once he realized what he said.

"W. Wh..w.What did you just call me?"
"I'm so sorry Miss Thomason it was a slip of the tounge."
"It's OK Justin no hard feeling. Stop tensing up like that and just relax. Your acting like I'm gonna hit you."

"your not"he asks
"No. Why would I do that? Look, I'm about to start preparing dinner, is anyone staying for dinner. I'm making Jamaican food tonight, Oaxtail, rice and peas, stew chicken and pasta with chocolate cake my favorite for dessert."

"God that sounds good mom." moans Damon throwing his head back

"I've never tried Jamaican food before. I'll ask my parents if I can stay." "me too!" shouted the others and began taking their phones out to call their parents.

After a couple minutes they all came in saying their parents said yes and will be picking them up at 8.

"Well then, I better get started." I said walking over to the refrigerator to get the things I need, when they all asked if they could help. I said yes and we began cooking.

Thank god I seasoned the meat yesterday.

An hour into cooking, Deshawn, Damarian and Dwacia came and joined. Soon Desmon was walking around videoing us as we cooked.

Once the food was finished the kids set the table, while Tory and Justin helped me finish up. We ate and there was alot left over even though we all ate until our stomachs were full and we couldnt eat any more. I'm sure we all just sinned together.

So, Justin, Justice, Shane, Tory and Joceline all asked if they could bring some of the left overs home. Of course I said yes and packed enough for 4 persons for each of them.

I made sure to meet all their parents when they came and waved every kid off like they were my own.

Then I went inside and the kids have already cleaned up. That was impossible. There was enough mess to last at least an hour of cleaning. How they work so fast sometimes is just suspicious.

Now I'm heading up to my room to take that warm bath I didn't take before, even though I really needed it.

As I'm walking up the stairs I glanced at a picture Leonard has on his wall of himself and while looking closely and really, really observing it, he kind of looks like somebody I know, Or somebody I've met before. Like he reminds me of someone I once helped a long, long time ago.

And you know it's funny he doesn't have any pictures of his parents or sibilings up in his house. Though I clearly remember him telling me his parents are alive and that he has 4 sisters and 6 brothers(I know that's alot. I couldn't believe it when he told me either. Matter of fact, I still don't believe it, Id have to see it to believe it).

According to him, 4 of his brothers are older than him while the other 2 are younger than him. 2 of his sisters are older than him while the other 2 are younger than him, this is also according to him.

With the little energy I have left, I decided to not waist it thinking about Leonard's similar features to his. So I walked up the rest of the stairs to my room, ran a bath and layer in it for half an hour, with the thought about Leonard's resemblance to his popping up ever so often.

Could they be related? No they couldn't. That would mean Leonard could be a " " and if Leonard is a " " that means the kids would be a " " too.

"Nah, I'm just tired and fatigue. They have similar facial features, so what? Alot of people have similar facial features, alot of celebrities have similar facial features too. Doesn't mean they are related.

What it means is God sometimes run out of ideas on unique facial features and decided to borrow some from a couple others to help build the current one.

OK, I'm gonna be honest. This isn't my best chapter. It could have gone better but no matter how much I change and re-write it, this draft always seems like the better of the bunch. So I hope you guys like it and is OK with the out come and if you aren't, too bad it's my book not yours. Lol just kidding please your comments down below on how the chapter went for you.