~Keith Sweat• Chocolate Girl Pt.2

"Good morning everyone!" You said with a smile. Everyone greeted you with smiles.

You walked around to hug your parents and give them a kiss.

"Baby girl, if you were going to have company over you should've sent us out or something." Your father said making your sister snicker.

"Mhm. And why didn't the boy stay to meet us? We already know his name." Your mother added on as she flipped a piece of French toast over.

"He had stuff to handle today, momma." You spoke opening your fridge.

"Mmhmm. Are you dating or just hooking up?" She asked making your eyes go big.

"Mom, can we not do this right now? We haven't even eaten breakfast."

"I'm just saying. I'm not getting any younger, I still want to be able to run around with my grandkids." She said making you sigh.

"I'm not having kids anytime soon, mom. He and I aren't even together."

"Girl, why not he's hot!" Your sister interjected.

"It's not always about looks, Tiff." You felt a headache coming on.

"Well we know it ain't the d with the issues." She whispered to you making you laugh.

Just before you could say anything else the doorbell rang. You stood up and dismissed yourself to see who it was.

You peeped through a side window and your eyes got wide. You opened the door and stepped outside.

"Hey Keith. What are you doing back here?" You asked. He smiled and pulled you in for a hug and kiss.

"I swear I didn't do this on purpose but I left my phone and wallet in your room last night." He said and you nodded.

"I tried to call but nobody answered the phone. I left a message on the machine. It was a little early though." He said standing there.

"Ok yeah. I'll go get the stuff now." You smiled and walked back into the house.

"Who was that?" Your mother quizzed.

"Oh nobody. I'll be right back."You said walking to your room. Quickly finding the misplaced items you made your way down to the front door but stop, hearing comments coming from the kitchen.

"How long have you known our daughter?" Your father asked.

"About two years sir." Keith answered.

"Mmhmm. What are your intentions with my Maria?" Your mother spoke next.

"I intend to make her happy. She told me she wanted to have a fun time living life and I want to help her do that." He said somewhat unsure. Maria never liked talking to him about serious things. She always liked to focus on the now and shy'd away from anything pertaining to a serious relationship. Hell, she had him hidden from her family and most friends until today.

"Do you have a younger brother? A cousin or something?" Your sister asked making him laugh.

"No I'm the only single man in my family at the moment. Maybe that'll change one day." He spoke.

You quickly walked into the kitchen and towards Keith who had a smirk on his face.

"Here's your stuff." You spoke with your head down. Everyone was starring at you two making you uncomfortable.

His hand reached out to touch your face as he tilted your chin up. You looked each other in the eyes for a beat.

"Thank you." He smiled placing the items in his pockets.

He stood from his seat on the island, pulling out his keys.

"It was a pleasure meeting you all, but I should get going." Keith said.

"So soon? We were about to sit for breakfast if you'd like to join us, Keith." Your mother said making you look at her.

Why would she invite your fling to sit and bond over Coffe and bacon?

"I couldn't. I wouldn't want to intrude. This is time for you and your daughter to catch up. Maria was really excited to spend some uninterrupted time with y'all." He gave your mother and sister a hug before shaking your father's hand.

"You mind walking me out?" He asked facing you. You nodded and he followed you to the door.

"Your sister came and told me your mother wanted to meet me. I didn't want to be rude." He said rubbing your bare arms.

" It's ok. I hope they didn't make you uncomfortable asking all those questions."

"Small thang to a giant, baby." He smiled down at you. His long fingers traveled from your arms to your hands.

"I guess I'll be heading out."His eyes bored into yours.

Your mind raced. Maybe it was time to try something different. It had been two years of friendship and intimacy, hadn't he proven to you that he cared enough about you?

"Or you could stay for breakfast." His eyebrow instantly shifted upward.

"You sure? I thought I was just your boy toy?" He asked with a laugh.

"If you don't want to that's fine. We can take a rain check."

"Nah I'd love to stay. It's just I'm used to you treating me like a hooker." He said making you laugh.

"Come on in then." you grabbed his hand and pulled him back into your house.

"Good! Because I was getting tired of you using me for my body and that food was smellin' good" he rubbed his stomach as he followed your lead.

"Shit!" your sister yelled as the door hit her in the forehead. You heard feet scramble to the kitchen and laughed. Your mother still stood there waiting for you two to come back into the house.

"They can run, but I gave birth to you so I won't. Come on in here, honey. Let's get you a plate of food. I don't know why my daughter was hiding you from us." she took Keith's hand and led her into your dining room. He turned his head and smiled at you before mouthing, "She loves me".