Chp.6-Angel or Devil

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I want to make you happy,Bear"

My eyes widen and I look at her in surprise and confusion "Bear?" She nods timidly.

"Something wrong?" She asks and I shake my head saying no.

I shrug my shoulders trying to play it off cool "it's just that you haven't called me that in a while" I say licking my suddenly dry lips.

She giggles and shuffles closer to me our shoulders brushing against each other, she gazes up at me.

"Do you remember the first time I called you that?" I smile as the memory comes to mind.

"Yeah I do"

*Flashback*

School was just dismissed and we were heading home, we used to walk together every morning and afternoon since we lived near each other at that time.

That day we were walking home when she suddenly stopped I looked over and saw that she stopped I walked back over to her "Hey, why'd you stop?" I ask.

I look over to the direction she was looking at and see an arcade she gazes up at me with sparkling eyes "can we go?" She asks hopefully.

I'm not one to complain about games I love them so of course I agreed a huge smile broke onto her face she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the arcade with her.

We spent our afternoon playing on every machine, I won most of the games and I let her win others.

We were about to leave and head home when I spotted a claw machine I saw in kdramas how the guy would win the girl a plushie from the claw machine.

I walked over to it and looked through the glass I spotted a prize that was an easy win. Putting the tokens in I maneuvered the claw to the right position.

I watched as it lowered down and grabbed the prize I was aiming for, I grinned overjoyed that I won it.

I walked over to where I left her she sees me approaching "Hey,where'd you run off to?" She asks and raises and eyebrow when she sees me smiling.

I pull out the plushie from behind me and I swear I saw sparkles in her eyes she gently holds the plushie in her hands she looks up at me and starts giggling.

"What?" I ask her feeling my ears turn red "It looks just like you" She says between giggles.

"What?! No it doesn't" I argue but her laughter doesn't die down and I find myself smiling with her.

"Yes it does...Bear" She says and runs off giggling.

I chase after her "Hey, get back here,I'm not a Bear" I chuckle as well feeling extreme happiness.

She turns to face me for a second "I'm calling you Bear from now on" She says the smile never leaving her face.

*Flaskback end*

"Good times" I say.

I look back at her and see little specks of light and hope sparkle in her deep brown eyes. Those were the same eyes that looked at me exactly like that 4 years ago.

Yet, look at us now.We're both a bad influence on each other well she's more of an influence than I am.

Now, both of us are constantly in fear, depression and anger whenever we're around each other.

'Is that how relationships are?'

I highly doubt it, if this is what it's like most people wouldn't be searching for one.

As we sit there in silence the voice that's been popping up recently decided to speak.

And...

He's telling me not to trust her.

That she's just using me like what she did yesterday.

"Bear...?" The voice stops the moment she speaks. I look at her to show her I'm listening.

"What do you say?Are you... willing to give us another chance?" She asks timidly.

'Of course I am...I always will be'.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion after that thought, why?

Why will I always be willing to give us a chance? Do I love this girl? Is it her body?

Maybe I low key love the drugs and parties?

I really don't know.

What I do know is that she was staring at me waiting for my response.

I feel myself lean in and I kissed her which she responded to immediately, that pretty much answered her question.

I pull away after a few minutes, breathless.

"Let's go home" I whisper to her and she nods in agreement.

She leaves to her room to get her bag and check out while I start the car.

I lean back on the seat not really staring at anything in specific.

'You are making a mistake,you know' The voice speaks, he sounds a lot like me but also doesn't at the same time.

'I know I am'

'She's toxic'

I paused for a second after hearing that.

"Toxic..." the word tasted sour on my tongue and stirred something in me.

"Are we tox-"

"Hey" my thoughts get cut off as she opens the passenger side door and jumps in, she turns to me smiling.

She gently takes my hand into her smaller one holding it tightly and interlacing out fingers.

"Let's go home,Bear" She says softly.

With that I drive us home.

Once we arrive she heads to our room and I follow after her. She removes the clothes she packed placing some in the laundry and the rest in her closet.

We then get ready for bed, we spend the night holding each other close, not kissing or flirting or causing any sexual tension.

Just enjoying each other's warmth.

I look down and see her laying on my shoulders her breathing even, she fell asleep.

I raise my hands and remove a stand off hair from her face.

'Toxic huh?'

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This font = voice in his head
This font = his own thoughts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^