Chp.14-Ending

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
4 years later: Beomgyu POV:

It's been 4 years since I've had blood coat my hands. To say I regret it would be a lie because honestly I don't think I did anything wrong.

I actually felt good.

For once instead of passively watching I defended the woman I love. Speaking of her she's currently getting ready to head to work.

We've lived a quiet life in the townhouse.When we got here we cleaned up the place and made it homey, I'll never forget the look on her face when she looked out into the backyard.

We saw endless rows of over a 100 different flowers the scent and sight was breathtaking, that's when she had the amazing idea to open up a flower shop.

And that's exactly what we did.

Using a bit of the money in the account my parents transfer into we started a floral business.We had to do a good amount of research to keep it going but it was worth it.

Being surrounded by welcoming neighbors and dozens of beautiful flowers, it's perfect.

But among all these flowers there's only one rose that catches my eyes... and that's my rose.

I smile watching her as she hums contently while braiding her hair loosely. When we moved here we wanted to start over and a make over was a much needed requirement since we were still on the run from the police.

I cut my hair a bit and dyed it two shades lighter and she grew her hair out and dyed it a light brown color, it suits her well.

"Ready to go?" She pulls me out of my thoughts and I nod we go to the garden and start arranging the flower bouquets to sell at the shop today.

Surprisingly, our business does quite well being the only flower shop for miles and we pick them fresh everyday.

We load the flowers into the car being extra careful they don't get damaged and jump in.

She immediately looks out the window her hair flowing softly in the breeze a smile on her face the whole time.

I place my hand over the velvet box in my pocket waiting for the right time.

I'm going to ask her to marry me.

I bite my lip holding back a smile at the thought of calling her my wife.

We've been through some rough times almost losing our sanity in the process but our love for each other proved to me stronger in the end and we ended up building a healthy, stable relationship.

And I couldn't be more happy.

This right here is just... perfect.

Suddenly...

A loud blare filled my ears and my eyes widen in shock seeing the upcoming truck on her side about to hit us. In a haste,I swerve the car 180 degrees the impact hitting me instead.

Everything seemed to slow down, my ears were ringing and my vision blurry. The car capsized and rolled down a small hill stopping at the bottom.

I groan in pain unable to move my body at all,I turn to check on her. There's so much blood.

There's blood pouring down her face from a wound in her head, she was unconscious.

My head falls back against my will and before completely blacking out...

A silver ring with a diamond center caught my eyes it lay in between us in a small puddle of blood surrounded by glass.

Then...

...darkness

~

Nurses and doctors scrambling around,the hospital seemed to be quite busy that day. The ambulance pulls up at the emergency entrance.

They roll out two bodies a young man and woman, my eyes widen seeing a lot of blood.

"Car crash" the paramedic says.

"Get them to the emergency ward we need to stop the bleeding" they nod and get to work.

I throw on my doctors coat and speedily follow them...

<2 hours later >

My head was being held in between my hands as I sat on the chair outside the emergency room,I single tear slid down my face.

A nurse comes out,a good friend of mine.

"Hey, you alright?" My friend and senior,Hoseok asked.

I shake my head indicating no.

"We've lost patients before... there was nothing more we could have done. The boy was already dead when he got here and the girls heart stopped not long after arriving"

I lift my head up facing him "What were their names again?" I don't know why I asked but he doesn't say anything and turns to the patient files in his hand reading them out to me.

"The boys name was Choi Beomgyu and the girls was..." I drone out after that confirmation...I knew who they were.

"They lived in the next town over,you now that small cute one. They owned a floral shop. Investigators say they found a wedding ring in the car, guess he was planning to propose... how sad"

My heart sunk even further than before tears threatening to fall again, the feeling of his cold body and the sound of her heart monitor flat lining will never leave me.

"Looks like you knew them" Hoseok says though it sounded like a statement I nod my head confirming.

"We went to school together... he was... my best friend and that was his girlfriend they were together since senior year" Hoseoks eyes glaze over with tears at the tragedy.

A nurse calls him to the front desk to fill in the patients details onto the system and he leaves gives me a slight pat on the shoulder.

I sat there for a few more minutes till I was called.

"Doctor Kang Taehyun" I stand up at my name being called from the receptionist desk I wipe my last tear and straighten out my coat before continuing on with the rest of my schedule.

~

I kneel in front of the two grave stones two bouquets of freshly cut flowers in my hand.I place one on each of their stones.

I decided to do the funeral feeling like it was my duty. The only people who showed up were a few staff from the hospital and their elderly neighbors as well as a few of their regular customers.

I say my final goodbyes, wishing I could of done something but it was too late now. I stand up dusting off my black suit.A sad smile ghosts onto my lips.

"Rest well you two" I whisper to the wind hoping it reaches them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^