Chapter One Hundred and Twenty

Songs for this chapter:
• If I Die Young - The Band Perry

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty:

Lexi's POV

There is a swarm of paparazzi blocking the entrance to the hospital.

Cameras are flashing, questions are being yelled, those at the front are being trampled by photographers at the back who are hoping to get closer to the door.

I stick my hands into the pockets of my sweatshirt and whimper.

I just want to see him. Even if he's in a coma, I need to be there. I need to hold his hand, just in case it's the last chance I'll ever have to do it.

But Bryce's fame is getting in the way of our relationship yet again, and I'm so frustrated that it is taking every ounce of my will to not throw my head back and scream.

Through my position at the back of the group, I see the door to the hospital open from the inside. Three men step out onto the pavement, wearing all black outfits and dark sunglasses over their eyes.

The man in the middle removes his sunglasses and I gasp.

Jordan.

He tucks the glasses into the pocket of his dark jeans and raises a hand to silence all the bustling paparazzi.

"Bryce hates dealing with you guys on a regular day," he says dryly. "You think he'd be happy to hear that you're doing this while he's in a coma? You're wasting your time. None of his friends and family are coming down to give you any information, and you're causing an unnecessary disturbance to those who actually need to access the hospital. Shoo."

The buzz of voices quiets for a moment, and although the majority of those in between Jordan and I remain where they are, a handful of photographers leave.

Just enough people to clear me a path to have a direct view of Jordan.

He reaches into his pocket and retrieves the sunglasses. I watch as he secures them on his face again before him and the two other men begin to turn around to re-enter the hospital.

"Jordan!" I call out. My voice is hoarse from all the screaming and crying I did when I initially heard the news from Mac.

He pauses and turns back around to face the crowd.

I pulled my sweatshirt hood low over my face to hide my red, puffy eyes and the bruises still dotting my neck, but I reach up to pull the hood back just enough for Jordan to be able to recognize me.

He gasps.

And then he's pushing his way through the crowd of paparazzi and heading right towards me.

Once he reaches me he wordlessly wraps an arm around my shoulders and tucks me against his side. Together, we push through the crowd and the hospital doors, and it isn't until the doors fall shut behind us that Jordan pulls me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh my fucking God, Lexi. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Nessa and Matt were out on a date last night and so I went over to their place to hang with Bryce and I found him unconscious on his bathroom floor. I thought he was dead. I literally freaked the fuck out. I was so scared," he murmurs against my hair.

I dig my fingers into his back. "When I saw the news, I . . . I don't even know how to describe it. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt."

One of his hands begins to rub gentle circles against my back, and I let out a shuddering breath.