Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine:

Bryce's POV

"Welcome home, baby."

The expression on Blossom's face as she steps through the doorway of our apartment is the loveliest thing I've seen all day.

She squeezes my hand a little bit tighter. Her eyes scan the apartment before they find me once again, the most heartwarming smile breaking across her face.

Much to everyone's delight, Blossom was allowed to check out of the hospital today, only a day after she woke up. She was certainly the most excited out of all of us, considering she burst out into tears due to how overwhelmed she was by the idea of finally coming home.

Last night, Kathleen, Johnathon, and Charlie slept in the apartment while I stayed at the hospital with Blossom. It felt strangely normal for the two of us to fall sleep wrapped up in each other's arms despite the fact that we were stuck in a dreary hospital room, the only colourful thing in the room being the bouquet of red roses that I had brought for Blossom earlier.

After the nurses gave Blossom permission to sleep for awhile despite her concussion, I read to her until she fell asleep with her head on my chest, that damn unicorn tucked under one arm.

But even though our stay in the hospital last night was not terrible by any means, I'm ecstatic to finally be home with my girl.

"I'm going to go take a shower now. I really feel like I need it. I'll try and be as quick as possible," Blossom says to me, leaning up to press a kiss to my cheek.

"All right, baby. Take your time," I respond, smiling at her before she flounces off in the direction of our bedroom, clutching her unicorn to her chest.

As soon as she shuts the bedroom door after herself, I close and lock the door to the apartment. I slip off my shoes and then cross the apartment, dropping the bags we had packed Blossom's things from the hospital into next to the bedroom door.

The Brookses booked a flight home tomorrow, meaning that all five of us have to live under one roof for a day. At the moment, they're getting brunch at a diner down the street that Blossom had recommended to them, and though they offered to wait for us so that we could tag along, Blossom insisted that her and I could just grab something else to eat.

I hear the sound of the shower running, and so I take that as a sign that it's safe to enter the bedroom as long as Blossom didn't lock the door.

Sure enough, she hadn't, and so I step into the room while still trying to remain as quiet as possible.

I find that she left the bathroom door cracked open, and so my ears are immediately greeted by the soft, melodic sound of Blossom singing.

Even though singing in the shower seems entirely like something that Blossom would do, I can't recall her ever singing in the shower. Her voice is so beautiful and sweet, though, and so the sound makes me immensely happy for no fucking reason.

I drop the bags by the door to the closet to sort through later before I take a seat down on the bed. Sure enough, Blossom has set the stuffed unicorn down on the bed right where we usually sleep at night, and so I roll my eyes before heading into the closet.

I toss the clothes that I'm currently wearing into the laundry basket before changing into black jeans and a T-shirt. I then head back into the bedroom only to lay down on the bed, pull my phone out of my pocket, and call my dad.

I haven't gotten a chance to call him yet since Blossom woke up. I've been by her side constantly, the only exception having been when I went to get her a change of clothes yesterday afternoon. I didn't really want to have a conversation about her with my dad while she was laying right next to me, and so I only had the opportunity to send him a short text message to let him know that she's doing all right.