Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen:

Lexi's POV

"I miss him already," Kennedy whines, burying her face against my shoulder as she continues to sob.

Jules had just left for the airport, and Kennedy and I are back in our dorm. I had moved all my things in earlier, Bryce dropping me off here before driving Anders and Scarlett to the airport soon after, and I already seem to miss my boyfriend.

I want to move in with him now. I know that I'm going to miss Kennedy once I move, and since school has started up again I won't have time to move all of my things until then anyway, but I want to be with Bryce all day every day.

I'm so excited for what Christmas break will bring. I get to move in with Bryce, spend my first Christmas with Bryce, and visit my family.

Shoot! I still have to talk to my parents about moving. Not to mention that I need to start searching for a job as well.

Deciding that I'll give my mom a call later about moving, I figure that I should probably deal with the situation in front of me first.

"I know, Kennedy, I know. You'll get to see him again soon, and since you guys are on good terms again, you'll be able to call and text, right? I'm sure one of the reasons you were missing him so badly before was because you had absolutely no contact with him," I attempt to reassure my crying roommate, who continues to sob as her response.

Squeezing Kennedy tight, I begin to stroke her hair as she continues to cry against my shoulder. I know that she would probably do the same for me if I was upset over Bryce like this, and so I don't make a single mean comment about her overly-emotional self.

"You're right, Lexi. I think that things will be better now. I'm going home for Christmas, and so I'll be able to see him then. I just feel like I lost something really good with Nate," Kennedy sighs, pulling her face out from the crook of my neck.

She sighs as she stares me in the eye. She wipes the tears away from her cheeks with the back of her hand, putting on a small smile as she stares back at me.

"Thank you for dealing with my bullshit," she laughs, smiling, and I grin back at her as she slowly unwraps her arms from around me.

I watch as Kennedy stands up from her seat beside me only to make her way across the room to take a seat at her desk. She pulls all of her blonde hair up into a ponytail while staring at her reflection in the mirror, and once the hair do is secured, she turns back to me, still smiling.

"I'm worried about you, Lexi. You don't seem like yourself lately. There's something a little bit off," she says suddenly and quietly, as if she's a little bit nervous as of to how I may react to her words.

I wasn't sure that Kennedy had picked up on it, but I certainly have been feeling and acting different these past couple of days.

Even with Scarlett and Anders lurking around the apartment, I felt really happy living with Bryce. Scarlett seemed to stop bugging Bryce and I about our relationship by the midpoint of her visit, and Anders stopped showing any interest in me by then as well. It seemed to lift a massive wait off of Bryce's shoulders, but he soon learnt how this just meant that we had to deal with Scarlett and Anders having obnoxiously loud sex every night.

Had we done the same thing the first night that Scarlett and Anders were over?

Yes.

Does that make me any less annoyed with them?

Of course not.

Looking away from Kennedy and instead staring down at where my hands are folded in my lap, I say, "Can I talk to you about something? I don't want you to freak out. Let me explain myself before you get mad."