Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Bryce's POV

Anders and Scarlett insisted on joining us.

I fucking hate those cock-blocking pieces of shit right about now.

As I emerge from the bathroom, unbuttoning one more button of my shirt for good measure, I find Blossom putting in her second earring in the mirror, biting her lip in concentration.

Not wanting to startle her knowing that she would try and choke me to death if she accidentally stabbed herself, I simply take a seat down on the bed, slipping my feet into a pair of black dress shoes.

My breath catches in my throat when Blossom turns around to face me.

She looks fucking beautiful.

She's wearing a burgundy dress that falls below her knees, a long slit up one side. The straps are thin and it has a sweetheart neckline, showing off a shit ton of her cleavage, and I don't realise that I've been staring for an absurdly long period of time until Blossom innocently clears her throat.

I blink a few times, shooting her a sheepish smile as I stand up from the bed and make my way across the room towards her.

Once there's only a few inches of space between us, Blossom strains up on her toes. Expecting her to kiss me I shut my eyes, opening them soon later when instead of a kiss she adjusts the collar of my shirt.

"You little tease," I mutter, and Blossom simply smiles at me.

"You look very handsome, Bryce," she compliments, now wrapping her arms around my waist. She bridges the gap between us, pressing her chest to mine, and I band my arms around her waist to squeeze her close.

"And you, my dear, are fucking gorgeous. My beautiful girl," I reply back in a whisper, kissing the top of her head.

"I love when you say that I'm your girl. It makes me feel so happy," Blossom mumbles, and I instantly bend down to hook my arms under her thighs, hoisting her up into my arms.

She lets out a youthful giggle and I smile at the sound. I let her wrap her legs firmly around my waist as she buries her face against my chest, and as I grab her phone from where it was resting on the table before slipping it into my pocket, I hear her whisper, "I love you, Bryce."

I give her another kiss, this time on the side of her head. "I love you too, baby. Let's go see if Scarlett and Anders are ready to go."

She nods against me, and so I carry her out of the bedroom and into the living area. Shutting off the lights after us, I close the door as well just for good measure, then spotting Scarlett and Anders seated at the island.

Scarlett is wearing a short black dress, cut low at both the front and back. Her hair is tied up in a sleek bun atop her head, and she's wearing the pair of ruby earrings that she always used to wear. Meanwhile, Anders is dressed in plain black pants and shoes much like me, except his shirt is burgundy.

This makes me realise two things.

First, that Blossom and Anders are wearing the exact same shade of red, making them looking like a dorky fucking couple.

Second, that Blossom's dress is cut even farther down at the back then Scarlett's, meaning that she's almost certainly not wearing a bra.

Setting Blossom down on her feet, I rub my hand up and down her back, not able to feel a bra underneath the dress at all.

This girl will be the absolute death of me if I have to go all night knowing that she isn't wearing a damn bra.

Glancing towards Anders, I find his eyes greedily raking up and down Blossom's body. When he moves on to look at me, I narrow my eyes at him, scowling.