00: The Unlucky Day

🍀Clover Daniels – Mar. 16, 2015

     Today has been absolutely dreadful for many reasons. Those reasons being one) I had just got fired from my tenth consecutive job here in New York, two) my car had broken down, three) I have to walk to my sister’s house, four) it started to rain, five) the blind date I was supposed to have is cancelled, six) everything was irritating me.

     How the rain kept getting in my eyes, how my new shoes seemed to find every f*cking puddle – even though I tried my hardest to avoid them – and how my hair was sopping wet after straightening it this morning. I hated how New York seemed happy despite its cloudy skies. I hated that I witnessed my ex-coworker get engaged when I was walking out the door with all my things. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it - this could be marked the worst day of my life, and I’ve had quite a handful of those.

     “Rough day?” My sister greets me as I walk into her house. I’ve been staying with her for almost three months now because I didn’t have stable money to afford my monthly payments my apartment required.

     Rather than giving a human answer, I grunt and slip off my new Converse that were sopping wet.

     “You better change out of those wet clothes and take a hot shower, don’t want to get sick,” she Mother’s me. I sigh in repose this time, walking into the guest room and picking out my favourite fluffy bottoms and large t-shirt that belonged to my brother Mark, who was back home in England.

     When I had moved to New York with my twin sister, I had high hopes. I had hoped for a fresh new start in the city that never sleeps. However, I wasn’t the one to achieve my dreams, Claire did. She got the amazing job working for a major fashion design company, got a boyfriend within our first eight months of living here – they are still going strong – and was obviously the prettier sister.

     I didn’t really have a plan when I moved to New York, I was just hoping for it to come at me. A year later, I realize that no such thing will happen.

     I’ve jumped from job to job – because honestly, I’m crap at every single one of them. I’ve never found a true passion like Claire has. She had known she wanted to be a designer since the age of five, granted, I was five as well but all I worried about was whether or not my parents would let me dress myself because I didn’t like how Mum combed my hair or how my Father would always try to make me be the proper lady.

     When I come out of the shower, a bowl of hot soup is waiting for me on the kitchen table as well as my twin sister. “Tell me what happened.”

     “The usual: hell,” I say with a shrug before taking a spoonful of tomato soup, my favourite. Claire immediately gives me an ‘I’m serious look’. Sometimes I wish we did have twin telepathy so I can tell her to f*ck off but at the end of the day, she is my sister and she’s only trying to help.

     I sigh and stir my soup with the spoon. “I got fired.”

     “Seriously, Clo? What happened this time?”

     “I may have set the stove on fire,” I mutter not willing to meet her eyes because without a doubt I’ll see disappointment in them. “It wasn’t my fault though! Trent was being a complete bugger and I –”

     “I don’t need an explanation, Clover,” my sister cuts me off with a sigh. I look up at her to see her rubbing her temples. “Just find another job soon or maybe apply to a university – do something because it makes me upset to see you like this.”

     “It’s not a walk in the park for me either,” I tell her before pushing my bowl away, my appetite gone after this conversation that’s happened more than enough times. “I’m sorry that I don’t know what to do with my life and that I’m such a bother.”

     I go to the guest room and just lie in bed, wondering when this disastrous life of mine will pull back it’s reigns. 

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): There are really no emojis for St. Patty’s day so here you have a clover and rainbows because that’s good luck, yeah? I saved the ‘okay’ or ‘perfect’ emoji for the special one chapter Niall pov – because it looks like a pinc (: . Okay, I hope you liked this because I put quite the backstory to Clover on why she’s here in New York and all the other bad luck in her life. Hopefully Niall can help with that!

Please vote and comment! Bye!

P.S. Clover is played by Victoria Justice! xx