09: The Unlucky and the Lucky

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 27, 2015

     Three days ago, Zayn told me to feel free and come by the store anytime because, quote, “I like you – ow! By like I mean like not fancy, damn, Niall. Anyways, just come by anytime you want you’re the only distraction I’ll allow Niall to have.” So today I decided to take control of this privilege by visiting him during his break. (I had got fired from the fast food place for eating all the fries, so I had nothing to do.)

     After the two disastrous almost-kisses neither of us had tried again. To be honest, I was kind of scared to even touch him – yesterday I had shocked him when he attempted to hold my hand at the shopping center.

     “Static electricity’s a b*tch, yeah?” Niall asked with a chuckle as he rubbed his hand. The mood wasn’t lightened for me however, because I really wanted to hold his hand. He didn’t try to hold my hand again, but his hand tended to go to the small of my back when I was headed the wrong way. (I may have gone the wrong way on purpose when he said he wanted to go to the team jersey store.)

     Entering the store, I immediately see dirty blonde hair behind the counter and Zayn beside a clothes rack. Zayn greets me with a smile and a wave, which I return, before going back to hanging what looks to be old band t-shirts. I walk over to the counter and lean over it, waiting for Niall to turn around.

     “Niall, mate, turn around,” Zayn shouts, startling the lucky boy. Niall turns around, and jumps in surprise once more when he notices how close I was to him. Once he recovers, he smiles and presses a kiss to my cheek.

     “Hey, beautiful,” he says, his palms resting on the counter. “What’s up?”

     “Nothing, really. Just bored from being cooped up at home,” I reply with a shrug.

     “That terrible being unemployed?” He asks with his head cocked.

     “Yeah, I just wish that I could have a stable job so I – ”

     “You need a job?” Zayn’s heard from behind me. I turn around to see him walking towards Niall and I. He gives me a wide smile when I nod. “You should work here! I mean, it’s only Niall and I working here but there is never such thing as too much help in this small store!”

     I start shaking my head. “Knowing my bad luck, I’ll probably burn this place to the ground just by knocking over a shelf or whatever.”

     “I doubt that, Clover.” Zayn shakes his head with an amused smile. “Besides, even if the bad luck is present, there is good luck to pick it back up again. If you don’t get it I was meaning you as the bad luck and Niall as the good luck.”

     “I got that, Zayn.” I smile. “But, you’re serious?”

     “Of course I am,” he says before walking behind the counter. “Just fill this out and you’ll be working here in no time. But please, don’t you two be getting it on during store hours.”

     “So after store hours, then?” Niall grins and receives a punch to the shoulder from me but from Zayn as well. “I am lucky after all.”

     “Oh, God.”

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST ONE (+ EPILOGUE)! Btw, I was going to stop making fan fiction once this and TPP was over but I’ve decided not to. The boys aren’t ending any time soon, and it’s said that Zayn is welcome to rejoin the boys at any time. If that is true, I’m sure he’ll come back. I will finish the specials (only Zayn and Harry left) and we’ll see where it goes from there. Idk if I’ll make another full story after TPP, though.

P.S. niall, baby, you are too cute x