03: The Unlucky Encounter

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 20, 2015

     Niall calls me at the same time (three thirty-five) Thursday. And today as well. Only instead of self-loathing in the comfort of my bed, I was walking amongst the bustling New York and window-shopping because I could never afford anything because I’m broke.

     “So, then the stove caught on fire and I’m to blame,” I finish my story, my eyes peering into a faux Paris boutique. I purse my lips as he laughs.

     “Sorry but you are to blame,” he admits making me gap as I turn away from the window.

     “Niall! You’re supposed to be on my side!” I shout, ignoring the looks people give me at my outburst. I lean against the nearest wall and glare at the ground. “It was Trent’s fault for getting all up on me.”

     “Who could blame him? I mean, you’re quite the catch.” I huff, disregarding his compliment. “You’re gorgeous, you have the cutest British accent and your feisty – every lads dream, yeah? The only thing that bothers me is that he wouldn’t stop flirting with you. That’s my job.”

     I roll my eyes and continue walking. “I didn’t even know you when Trent and I worked together.”

     “Still, I – ” before he could finish, a shout was heard in the distance. “I know my break is over, God, Z.”

      I stop. “You’re calling me from your work?”

     “I couldn’t wait to hear your voice,” he says making me scrunch my nose. “Besides, I get off at nine and don’t get home till ten so I figured that this was the better option.”

     I shake my head and walk toward what looks to be a vintage store – Claire has been telling me about it and says that it’s got cute cheap things, which is what I love. Niall keeps telling me that he usually doesn’t get caught by his manager, Zayn but since that “lad was in a pissy mood” he was eyeing him like a halk. I tell him no worries before we bid each other goodbye.

     I open the door to the shop and walk toward the records. Mark had sent me a record player for Christmas and I have yet to start my collection. My eyes skim over the Beatles and Led Zeppelin records before there is a presence in front of me, on the other side of the shelf.

     “What, are you stalking me now?” I look up at the sound of his voice. Niall is the presence on the other side of the record shelf, his arms resting on the top and a smirk playing on his face.

     “You caught me. When I had given you my number I put a tracking device in it so I could detect your every move,” I say with a straight face. Niall’s arms slid off the shelf and his smirk fell, completely believing me.

     “I’m kidding, Niall.” I laugh, watching as his shoulders fall in relief. It was really amusing seeing him freak out so I shrugged and leaned closer to him. “I just stalk you on foot.”

     He flicks my nose. “Stop doing that, love. It freaks me out.”

     “Whoa, when did I become your love?” I over exaggerate and step away from the self so I’m distanced from him. I thought he would reply with a snort or maybe a roll of his eyes but he didn’t.

     “I’m just practicing for the future.” He winks before walking back to the counter, Zayn, I presume that he was, had called his name. He raises his hand but doesn’t bother to turn around. “Bye, love.”

     I just laugh and shake my head before walking out of the store, reminding myself that I most definitely come back and hopefully luck will still be on my side for the time being because for once, it was nice not having bad luck.

     I hope I didn’t just jinx myself.

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): these things are not unlucky but the chapters are titled unlucky… I don’t know what I’ve done. The next chapter will make it clear, what the description says about her being unlucky and him being lucky. I completely strayed away from that the last chapter. But it’ll come back. Okay, bye!

P.S. Victoria Justice is so beautiful, holy crap