08: The Unlucky Turn of Events

👌 Niall Horan – Mar. 24, 2015

     “Have you called her yet?” I jump at the sound of Zayn’s voice. Sighing, I watch as the pillows – thank God it wasn’t anything that could’ve broken – fall on the floor. I bend down to pick them up whilst replying to Zayn.

     “No, I haven’t.” I stand up once I have all the pillows and place them into the bin. I turn around when I notice that Zayn is still following me. He has his arms folded and a judgmental look in his eyes. “What?”

     “Call her, Niall,” he tells me but I just push past him to continue setting up before the store opens. He continues to follow me, making me do all the work. “She’s probably thinking that you freaked about her sneezing on you.”

     “No she won’t, she’ll probably figure that I’m busy. Which I am.” Zayn continues to follow me. “Could you please help me clean this place up?”

     “She’s going to think that you’re avoiding her,” Zayn finally says before walking away. I huff, ignoring his words as I go to open the doors. Zayn telling me to get ‘that look off my face’ before any of his customers see it.

     I wasn’t avoiding Clover. I was simply giving her space. Ever since we first met, we’ve always texted or called or met up with each other and I don’t want her to think that I’m some clingy lad – it’s happened before, which at the time, was lucky since the girl turned out to be a psycho.

     Zayn had told me that it was obvious that Clover didn’t mind but I didn’t believe it. I may be a lucky lad but I don’t think luck will be on my side for this.

     And I kept thinking about this until Zayn and I were about to close up before someone entered.

     “Hey, Niall,” I hear Clover’s voice behind me. My lips press together before turning around, seeing her hair pulled into a ponytail and her hands in her pocket. I greet her before seeing Zayn a few yards away with his hands shaping into a heart. I look back to Clover. “Um, I just wanted to know if you were okay. I, uh, don’t want to sound clingy but you haven’t called in two days and I thought that something was wrong so… here I am.”

     “No, yeah, I’m fine,” I say blinking in surprise on how she didn’t want to come off as clingy when that was the exact reason why I hadn’t called her. I walk around her to get my coat from the counter. “What about you? How’ve you been?”

     “Good,” she says slowly as she watches me lean against the counter, she still stood in the same spot. A frown settles onto her face. “Are you avoiding me?”

     “What, no? Why would you think that?” I ask my eyes drifting to the floor. When her boots come into my line of vision, I look up, watching her walk towards me. “I was just busy.”

     Her lips part to speak before she is tripping and falling onto my chest. I wrap my arms around her waist as her hands clutch my shirt. She looks up at me with wide brown eyes as my heart speeds up. In the corner of my eye, I can see Zayn retreating to the back room.

     “I didn’t want to seem clingy by calling you,” I admit, my right hand traveling up her spine and to her cheek. “Sorry to worry you.”

     She nods twice before leaning into me and I thought that this would lead to a kiss but instead, it lead to our teeth hitting against each other. She pulls back with her hand over her mouth. “My bad luck needs to stop ruining our moments.”

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): that’s why Niall didn’t call her! He didn’t want to come off as clingy. It’s all good thought because Clover came and although her bad luck prevented them from kissing again, it’s all good in #Cliall land. What is their ship name?

P.S. enjoy this Ziall gif  (same, Zayn, same)

P.P.S. we will miss you Zayn. you are forever in our hearts

P.P.S. July 23, 2010 - March 25, 2015 -------- thank you, Zayn x