10: The Unlucky Interruption

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 30, 2015

     It was my first day working at the vintage store and I was quite nervous but at the same time, excited. Not only would I be working with two of my best friends – I’ve officially dubbed Niall and Zayn as my best friends since they were the only friends I’ve made since moving here. (I would get fired too soon to make friends and it wasn’t every day that someone would pinch me and become something more than stranger.) Even though Niall could be viewed as more than just a best friend.

     “It’s too early,” I groan once I walk through the doors to my new job, a cup of coffee present in my hand.

     “You’ll get used to it,” Niall tells me after pressing a kiss to my forehead. “Now, Zayn doesn’t get here until after noon – he needs his beauty sleep – so we’ll be the ones dusting and straightening everything up before opening.”

     “I need my beauty sleep,” I tell him when he takes my cup of coffee to take a sip before he hands it back to me.

     He grins and shakes his head. “I feel like you fish for compliments with me.”

     “You’ve caught me,” I say jokingly before we started preparing the store for opening.

     As we did, it was filled with silence, minus the cute little sneezes Niall let out when dust would fly into his nose – even though I offered to dust, he waved me off saying that he loathed straightening out the merchandise. I giggled to myself every time he’d sneeze, making him shoot daggers at me. Five minutes till opening, I was standing on a step stool, organizing the top shelves with Niall holding onto my legs for support, he believed that I would fall down.

     Which I did, but this time, it was I who landed on him.

     “I guess it’s not fun when the roles are reversed,” Niall says from below me. Despite probably hurting my elbow, I laughed and pushed myself up to meet his eyes. He smiles at me. “I think your bad luck is being transferred to me.”

     “That was the plan,” I say, leaning closer to him. He hums in response before closing the gap between us. The kiss, finally not ruined, was indescribable. It was soft yet firm, and he tasted like my coffee with a mix of Twinkies. His hands were on my waist as mine stayed on either side of his head, making sure that I wasn’t putting all my weight on him.

     We pulled away when the clock struck ten, it was opening time. Niall smiles at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “You know, how in fairytales a true love’s kiss always fixes everything?  Maybe my kiss got rid of your bad luck.”

     “Who said you were my true love?” I question with a smile, sitting up so that I sat on his lap. He rolls his eyes and sits up as well.

     “Must you always ruin our moments?” I simply nod before pulling him into another kiss. But of course, his theory doesn’t go away. “See! If you still had you bad luck, you would’ve like, bit my tongue or something.”

      “Your tongue was in your mouth.”

      “Your bad luck would’ve found a way to get to my tongue.”

      It was my turn to roll my eyes just as the door opens. “Oi, I come in earlier than usual and I see you two doing exactly what I told you not to do.”

      Oops.

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): IT’S OVER! THE EPILOGUE IS NEXT AND THEN THE NEXT SPECIAL IS COMING SOON! I’m really excited for the next one – it’s gonna be great. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did by writing it! No, they aren’t together but let’s see what the epilogue has to say about that!

P.S. gif of Clover x