06: The Unlucky Try

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 23, 2015

     The next day, I woke up to find a shirtless Niall beside me with his arm around my waist. It took a few moments, and about ten blinks, before I remembered yesterday.

     After having been drenched in tea at McDonald’s Niall suggested to eat to-go and drive me home so I could get out of the soiled shirt. When we were in the drive-way, I invited him in, saying that we should finish this ‘date’ inside the house – thank goodness for Claire not being home. We ended up in my bed, eating McDonald’s and watching Netflix. Once the food was gone, Niall suggested that we just talk. So we both lied down and faced each other, I even dared Niall to take of his shirt – I don’t remember the context of it, however – which he did, before we both drifted off to sleep.

     Turning on my side, I watched Niall breath through parted lips, his fingers twitching against my skin every few seconds. When Niall and I were talking, I concluded that I did want to do something about my feelings. I don’t think Niall would cheat on me and I think that the good luck of meeting him will blur the bad luck to come.

     I watched him for about five minutes before his eyes fluttered open. When his stunning blue eyes met mine, his arm tightened around me, bringing me to his chest.

     “I thought I was dreaming this,” he admits. I scrunch my nose at his morning breath before placing my hand over his face to push him back. He groans and mumbles against my hand.

     “Your breath stinks, Ni.” An official nickname he told me to call him. He looks at me between my fingers before licking my hand, laughing in victory as I pulled my hand away in disgust. He gets out of bed and looks at me with wide eyes. I stand up as well and lead him to the loo. “Claire keeps extra toothbrushes under the sink.”

     “Great, don’t want to have horrid breath when I’m with you now do I?” I smile and shake my head.

     We somehow both fit in the small room and brush our teeth. When we’re finished, Niall grabs my face and breathes on me asking, with a boyish grin, if his breath still stinks. I shake my head and push him away. He laughs as we walk back into the living room, where we take a seat on the sofa.

     He looks at me. I look at him. And before I know it, we’re both leaning into each other and merely a few centimeters away before I sneeze on him. I sneezed on him. Sneezed, on him. I sneezed on Niall Horan.

     “Gross, Clo.” He wipes his face and looks at me through narrowed eyes. “I get that you want payback from smelling my breath but sneezing on me is not an equal retaliation.”

     “I didn’t mean to – ” I was cut off by Claire’s laughter. I look up to see her standing in the hallway with an amused smile playing on her lips. I frown at her.

     “You must be Niall,” she says making Niall look from me to her. He stops wiping his face and nods. “I’m Claire, her twin sister.”

     “I figured you were,” he says and stands up. When he’s near Claire he looks back to me. “I’m just gonna wash my face.”

     “Sorry,” I tell him but he’s already disappeared in the hall.

     Claire wastes no time to start laughing again. “Okay, maybe you do have bad luck.”

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): I COULDN’T HELP MYSELF, I HAD TO RUIN THEIR ALMOST FIRST KISS AND OH GOSH, POOR BABY NIALL GOT SNEEZED IN THE FACE HAHA, I CAN’T. I hope you liked it! Bia x

P.S.  gif of Niall’s face when Clover sneezed on him