05: The Unlucky Date

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 22, 2015

     After many falls and laughter – all on Niall and Zayn’s part because seeing me fall was apparently the funniest thing ever – we decided to call it a day. It was almost six in the afternoon. Zayn bid us adieu as we went our separate ways towards our vehicles. And about five minutes into the drive, I realized that Niall was not taking me back to Claire’s house.

    “This isn’t the way to – ”

     “I know,” he cuts me off before taking a glimpse of me from the corner of his eye. “This ‘hang out’ with Zayn was just our first date with a third wheeler – he was there to tell me if we’d make a great couple, really – now we’re going to pretend it’s weeks later and we are going on our second date, alone. And usually, I would wait a couple weeks but I can’t with you, you’re too amazing to wait for.”

     “You sure know how to persuade girls, don’t you?” I question as my arms fold across my chest.

     “I have the best luck in the world,” he says with a shrug making me look his way in disbelief. “It’s true! The girl I happened to pinch for not wearing green turned out to be the girl of my dreams and I fell on top of her today – that is good luck.”

     “For you, maybe but who was on the other side of that? Me.”

     “Wow, I complimented you and all you did was focus on the fact that you got the unlucky side of these scenarios.” Niall shakes his head with a smile.

     I roll my eyes at him. “We’ve only know each other for five days. How do you know I’m the girl of your dreams?”

     “I have a feeling you are,” he admits before he reaches over and grasps my hand.

     “What if I don’t fancy you?” I question, pulling my hand away. He frowns.

     “Then that would suck but I don’t think that’s true.” I raise my eyebrows at him, encouraging him to continue. “You fancy me, otherwise you would’ve walked away the day we met. You would’ve never given me your name or number.”

     “I – ”

     “We’re here!” He shouts before shutting of the engine and hopping out.

      ‘Here’ happened to McDonald’s and I really couldn’t hold my laughter in as Niall opened the door for me. He grins and throws and arm over my shoulder, whispering in my ear that he loves when I laugh. Of course, I ignore this compliment as we walk into the fast-food place looking much like a couple.

     I truly did fancy Niall, but I was hesitant on doing something about it. I haven’t been in a relationship in almost five years and I know for a fact that it’ll be strange being in a relationship with someone else especially since I’ve been with my ex for almost three years. During those times I thought I was the luckiest girl in the world, only to find out that he’d been cheating on me since our one year anniversary.

     But Niall wouldn’t know that.

     “Just saying,” he speaks up as we wait in the queue. “Zayn thought we’d make a great couple and so do I.”

     And I was about to reply but was interrupted by someone knocking into me, their drink drenching my shirt in tea. Isn’t that just lovely?

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): DOUBLE UPDATE because these chapters take place on the same day and I figured, why not? Besides, I have yet to finish writing this story so I could start working in my next one! Okay, bye, babes x

P.S. gif of Niall because he’s cute