04: The Unlucky Fall

🍀 Clover Daniels – Mar. 22, 2015

     Niall asks me out – he actually says ‘hang out’ – this morning, telling me that him and a few mates, and by a few mates he means one person and that one person is his manager, Zayn, are going to this roller rink. Of course, a place where my unlucky curse can make an appearance.

     I could fall on my butt, I could ram into Niall or Zayn, I could skate right into the wall – so many scenarios. When I tell Claire this she simply rolls her eyes and tells me that I do not have bad luck, I’m just the clumsiest person to ever walk the earth.

     I disagree.

     See, I believe that I was cursed as a child. That I was forever oh so blessed with bad luck by an evil witch – or in other words, my aunt because I always felt she was out to get me for not being as amazing as Claire – at a young age. If only there was a cure to bad luck then maybe I wouldn’t be worried about making a fool out of myself in front of two attractive men.

     (I officially met Zayn face-to-face yesterday when Niall basically ordered me to go bring him food from work – yes, I go the job at the fast food place, oh joy – so he can eat during his break. He was grumbling about Niall eating on his clean counter before noticing me.)

     The vintage store was closed on Sundays so instead of Niall’s usual three thirty-five call, he had picked me up and we were off to meet up with Zayn.

     “Forewarning, I will do tricks to impress you,” he tells me once we arrive to the roller rink. I smile and roll my eyes. “Fine. Don’t appreciate my tricks, I’ll just do them to other girls.”

     “No he won’t,” Zayn interjects when we approach him. He smiles at me. “He makes empty threats. Besides, he’s basically in love with you already.”

     Niall’s eyes narrow. “This is why you’re the third wheel.”

     “I thought you were the third wheel?” I question Niall as I stand beside Zayn who laughs and throws and arm around me. Niall glares at us before we all go retrieve out rollerblades. Zayn gives me a subtle high five.

     When we’re all laced up, Niall and Zayn stand and start toward the rink before Niall notices that I haven’t stood. He skates back to me with his eyebrows raised. “Aren’t you coming?”

     “I’m, um, not the best skater out there,” I admit making him smile.

     He grasps my hands and pulls me up slowly. “Then I’ll be your little helper.”

     And for a moment, I believe that he truly will help me. This is until he does a very parent thing – like when a kid is riding a bike for the first time and the parent lets go despite promising to let go – once we have skated around the rink twice hand in hand, he decides to let go. I immediately turn into Bambi by tottering before falling down, of course, bringing Niall down with me because I had gripped his arm in fright.

     He lands on top of me with a ‘humph’.

     “I should’ve taken you word for it,” he mutters as he lifts his head to meet my gaze. I groan and push at his shoulders, for his weight didn’t feel well on my breasts. “I’ve officially crushed my lucky four-leaf Clover.”

🌈 🌈 🌈

(A/N): YOU CAN ALL FORGET THIS DRAMA AND ENJOY A NIALL STORY: aw, Niall, babe, you too cute. Now you can see Clover’s bad luck show! Niall will share his luck in the next chapter! Until then, bye!

P.S. inspirational picture #HereForMusicNOTRumours