Chapter 19

"What the fuck!" I screamed, teary eyed as I walked into the office and slammed the bag down on the floor.

"Sanjana," Nisha called softly.

"Leave me alone! I can't fucking deal with humans now," I snapped as I sank down on the floor.

How could people be so cruel? How is fucking Mr. Puri still alive and not dead already?

Today was the hearing for the acid attack victim and Mr. Puri, not so surprisingly, was the lawyer for those people and somehow even though I knew we were about to win this case, that asshole I don't know what he did but he asked for another hearing date and the judge granted it!

I don't know how long I sat there, seated on the floor, crying due to the frustration but I finally got up as I wiped my tears and walked out for some coffee.

I ignored everyone as I made myself strong coffee. I walked back to the office and started reworking on my file. I decided that I was not going to let these people get away the next time. I couldn't let that happen.

I didn't know how long I might have worked, I only realised I had been working for a long time when Rohan called me.

"Are you going to come home today? Or you're planning to spend a night there only?"

"I'm sorry I lost track of time, I'll be home soon," I murmured as I packed my bag and immediately left the building, too scared that I was alone.

I drove home, still a little pissed by today's events.

"Hey guys," I greeted mom, dad, Sunil and Monica as I entered the room.

"Sanjana," mom said in a tone that hinted to me that she knew what had went down in the court room and she was sorry for it.

"Mom, I'm tired and I don't want to talk about it," I said as I avoided eye contact with everyone and made my way to my room.

I ignored Rohan as I entered the room and dropped my belongings on the sofa before curling under the thick blanket and stuffing my face in the pillow.

"Sanjana,"

"Rohan please na yaar,"

"Sanjana, I think you need to be happy that you didn't lose the case yet, trust me that is much worse," he said.

"I am losing this one, you should have seen the evidences they provided, how even though they were forged, they seemed real," I mumbled, tears welling in my eyes.

"Yeah but you tried Sanjana, don't forget that and we have another date, we'll work things out,"

"I feel like I've failed," I mumbled.

"No you didn't, and stop thinking like that okay? We'll win this case," he said.

I turned my head a little to look at him, his eyebrows were furrowed as he stared at me.

"Thank you Rohan,"

"Ah there it is, that smile," he said softly and I snorted as I looked away.

°

"Come on guys, we're here because we're planning on how to win that case and I swear to God I am going to strangle everyone if we lose the case," I joked half-heartedly.

Rohan, who had come to office today, snorted next to me as he shook his head.

We started working and re-analysed our weak point and our weak evidences and corrected all those things for the next two hours.

"Thank you so much guys, you all can leave, thank you!" I said as I stood up and led them outside.

After they'd all left, I sank into my chair and closed my eyes.