Chapter 27

Sanjana's P.O.V.

"I swear to God, I'm so hungry," Monica whined.

"You shouldn't have fasted only na!" Mom said as she rolled her eyes.

We were all doing pooja and our husbands were still not here. Dad was here and apparently the guys were still stuck in traffic.

"They haven't even come home, I can't stay any longer, next time se I'm not doing karwa chauth," she said.

"Kyu?" Sunil asked as he and Rohan walked in.

"I can't control my hunger Sunil, I need food every second," she said with a pout.

"Too unfair because I'm willing to fast for you forever," he said and Monica blushed.

"Chalo, chand aa gaya hai!" Mom said as she looked at the moon and then started the ritual.

We all followed mom and did the whole ritual.

They all left after the ritual and I was sitting in the living room, tired beyond my imagination when I felt Rohan's hands on my ankle. I jerked awake and stared at him.

"I was supposed to fast today too, mom is very angry so I'm doing this other ritual that we follow, we Mehra men fast on karwa chauth as well as give a gift to their wives. I was passing a shop when I spotted these anklets and I thought of you, so can I put then on for you?" He asked softly.

I just nodded my head and stared at him as he clasped the anklets around my ankles and then with my left ankle still in his lap, he looked up at me.

"I'm sorry for not fasting today,"

"It's okay, I didn't really expect... I mean it's okay, forget it," I said with a small smile.

Rohan looked at me with a pained expression but still let go of my ankle and set in on the ground.

"I'm sorry I let you down,"

"No, don't be, it's really okay and thank you for the anklets, they're really pretty,"

"Sanjana,"

"Urm... I can't really wear them everyday because I don't really wear traditional dresses everyday but I guess it's the sentiment that counts and I'll always cherish them," I murmured as I stood up.

"Sanjana?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry,"

"Why are you sorry? Stop saying sorry otherwise I'll seriously get angry,"

"Can I hug you?"

"You don't need to ask Rohan, I'm comfortable with you touch now," I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

°

"Sanjana, come home early today,"

"Kyu? Kon aa raha hai?"

"My mother in law is coming," mom said grimly.

"I'll be home early don't worry,"

"Sweetheart, I told this to Monica and I'll this to you as well, don't mind anything that old lady will say, please, she will say somthing rude and I'm sorry in advance,"

"Don't worry ma, I'm sure it's not something I wouldn't be able to handle,"

"Nahi Sanjana, that's where you're mistaken, she is a witch, she drives me to tears even now so you should know what kind of a lady she is,"

"Koi ni mom, I'm strong,"

"I have no doubt you are sweetheart," she said.

I rushed to the firm and was not even surprised to find so many cases. I noticed two thick files on my table and I groaned at their sight. It was only 7.