only one more

Nightmare stared at the Castle  he had just came upon. A sense of... dread filled his soul. This was it. He found him, all he had to do was go in and... win? he hadn't thought this far. With a deep breath, Nightmare took a shaky step toward the tower, then froze. He could feel, he could sense, him . he was alone, Cross must've gone out.

His resolve hardened and he gripped a stone.  Dream, Dream if all went well, wouldn't know the cause of his Soulmates death. He would just know that his older brother was still alive and had came to visit him. Nightmare Grinned glancing around he looped his tentacles around two trees. then flew upward like a sling shot. He gripped onto the balcony's edge with one arm and pulled himself up.

Dream sat in a corner reading a book, with a lamp above him. Oblivious as always.  

"Hello"

Dream dropped his book and looked up with a start

 "who... who are you?"

 he said reaching down for his book, Nightmare wasn't sure if it was the shock of seeing a person, or the shock of hearing his native language that made drop his book, but he laughed either way.

 "who know who I am dream, I may look different but you know who I am."

Dream stood up slowly, looking Nightmare in his eye.

"I don't know, your aura feels familiar but... I just can't..." he put his hand on his head in frustration.

Nightmare grinned "I think this may help" Nightmare pulled a golden circlet out of his jacket, the triangular point had a half moon carved into...

Dream froze his heart was racing.

'was this Nightmare, or... the man who killed him...'