VII

Chapter 7

"What do you think you're the doing?" Blake had the ball in his hands.

I raised my eyebrows at him with my hands resting above my hips.

"Standing? What does it look like, and can you please not talk to me?" I turned around to get the ball only to feel a slap on my ass.

I felt a bile rising on the back of the throat.

"You don't get to fucking to do that," I threw the ball I was holding to him.

He easily dogged the ball as he chuckled while he inched closer to me, I unconsciously took a step backward every time he nears me.

"Why the hell not? You don't get to tell me what to do, besides you used to love that." He smirked triumphantly.

"No, I didn't. You make me do things that I don't even want to do," I spat at him.

Students were forming a crowd around us and I felt the wall I built so hard for a long time crumbling down, like it never existed.

"Don't even bother denying it because we all know that you're a slut."

People 'ooh' and 'aahhed', I threw them a menacing glare.

Great he never fails to humiliate me.

"See? You didn't even bother denying it. You're a worthless piece of shit that doesn't deserve anything."

My stupid tear ducts are already working and I hate them for that. The last thing I want to do right now is cry and show them how much of a weakling I am.

"You're a bitch and nobody would like you, nobody would love you, nobody would care if you're gone and nobody would stick with you which was the biggest mistake I made."

I saw with my peripheral vision that Jace was closely watching me, there's an intent look in his eyes that I can't decipher.

"You were a mistake, you ruined-"

"Shut the fuck up, that's enough!'

Elliot stood beside me with a protective stance.

"Elly boy, I remember you. You used to go to this bitch's house and ask your daddy for some-"

A loud crack errupted across the gym. I looked at Elliot's bloody fist wiht a horrified look on my face. Blake stumbled backwards, cursing as his nose bled like Niagarra Falls.

Before he could even get back at Elliot a whistle was blown.

Looks like we're in trouble.

***

"The principal's ready to see you,"

The three of us went in as I tried my best to cover my face with my hair, well you can't blame me. Just this morning I was sent to this office.

"You're here again?" Mr. White raised his eyebrows at me.

Well I guess my hiding was stupid and pointless.

"Uhh.. Yeah," I scratched my head with a nervous smile.

"Well atleast not with Jace, what brings you here kid?" he eyed the three of us.

"He started insulting Soph and I think it's my duty to step in as her half brother to protect and defend her. He even slapped-"

"She was being a rude and bitchy. It's unreasonable, she-"

"No I wasn't, you came onto me first and started insulting me and-"

"Quiet all of you!" Mr. White snapped, "I can't understand what you're saying because you keep on talking all at the same damn time."