IX

Chapter 9

"What the hell is this?" I screeched.

Jace raised his eyebrows with a small frown on his face.

"It's chicken soup?"

I looked at the supposed chicken soup in disgust. It doesn't look like soup to me, it looks like a cloudy grayish water with burnt chicken legs.

"Are you sure you're not trying to get me killed?" I let out a cough.

Jace snorted and shoved the 'soup' harshly towards me making some of the soup spill out.

"I made it out of kindness but here you are again bitching out on me," he scowled at me.

I glared at him and sniffed the soup. I gagged at the smell, I looked at him with a contorted expression.

"Are you really making me drink this?" I whined.

"Look, I tried to help you and make you some soup to drink so that you'd feel a little better but it seems like whatever kindness I show you, you wouldn't stop being a bitch." He narrowed his eyes at me, shoulders tense.

I frowned when I realized he was right. I was being a bitch the whole time.

"I'm sorry," I muttered under my breath.

"Like hell you are," he muttered angrily.

I lifted the spoon as I closed my eyes shut, I lifted it to my mouth and drank the soup. My eyes snapped open and looked at him, surprised.

"Jace?" I called him.

"What?" He barked.

I jumped a little at the coldness in his voice, "it tastes good," my voice timid.

His persona softened a little bit but he still has the cold look on his face. I looked down at the bowl of soup and continued to devour it. I felt the hot soup going down my stomach and I have to admit, it's one of the best feelings.

I stood up to wash the bowl but big calloused hand gripped my wrist and took the bowl away from me.

"I'll wash the bowl, go back to bed." His voice held so much authority.

"But-"

"I said go back to bed," he snapped at me, I flinched a little but complied anyways.

I guess it's my fault why he's cold towards me. I don't even know why I'm such a bitch to him.

I slowly went up the stairs, gripping on the stair case. I let out another sneeze which was proceeded by a rough cough. I tried my best to lift my foot up with every step I take but it feels like my feet's carrying a ton of bricks right now.

Before realization hit me I landed on a loud thump, my whole body screaming in pain.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath as I grip on the small table beside me to lift my body up and regain balance.

I only ended up banging my head on the floor, I was too weak to get up.

"Holy shit, Soph are you alright?" Jace appeared infant of me, crouching on his knees.

I looked at him in pain as I mustered to give him a small glare.

"Ok. Don't mind that question that was stupid, can you stand?" He looked at me, eyes piercing through mine.

Worry was evident in his face. That was a first.

I tried to put the force on my foot and stand but I just tripped over myself. I looked like I'm making a fool out of myself here, I'm surprised Jace didn't laugh at me. I was surprised when warm hands were suddenly around my waist and the other one was under my knees.

"Hold on tight," he lifted me effortlessly as I let out a yelp.

My arms immediately wound around his neck. He started walking towards my room as I stared into his eyes, it was really a nice shade of brown. I got lost into his eyes immediately that I didn't realise he was trying to get my arms off his neck.

"Oh, sorry." I muttered under my breath as I felt the blush rising up my cheeks.

I saw a smirk making its way onto his lips, I blushed harder because of that.

"Butterfly, if you want to be in my arms all you have to do is ask." he has that infuriating yet hot smirk on.

Snap out of it Soph, he's not hot.

"You're the most annoying person I know," I grumbled.

"Right back at you butterfly,"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

"No, you can't fucking come here... No- Listen up you bitch, try and come near her again I'm gonna fucking cut your dick off and shove it far down your throat you understand me? I don't - Hello? Fucking prick!" Jace cursed loudly.

"Is something wrong?" I yawned, his knuckles white against his phone that was tightly in his hands.

His demeanour changed, if what I saw wasn't wrong his shoulders relaxed a bit. He forced a smile upon his lips but I could tell he was so close to lashing out.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" His hands clenched and unclenched on its own.

"You were shouting at the phone and you-"

"That's nothing," He tried to wave it off.

"Who called you?" I was curious.

His eyes narrowed into slits when I asked him who called.

"Just drop it," he said it between his teeth.

The tension in the air was so thick I couldn't breathe.

"What did he say to-"

"I said just fucking drop it. God why the fuck are you so interested? Why the fuck do you always have to be a bitch? " He shouted in anger, his veins on his neck throbbing.

I immediately cowered away from him and tried to hide under my covers. He never shouted at me like this, I mean we fight and everything but this one's different. My vision blurred so I hid under the covers but before I did that I saw his face filling with remorse.

"Soph," his voice soft as he sat beside me but I flinched away.

A tear fell down my eye, I don't know why the hell am I getting this emotional today.

He slowly pulled the covers away from me, "Soph, I'm sorry-"

I looked away from him and wiped the tears away, a hand landed on my arm as he shifted me to look at him. His brown eyes were boring into mine, warm and full of regret.

"I didn't mean what I said Soph, I'm really sorry." he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry for being pushy too," I mumbled as I fiddled with my fingers.

A hand wrapped around mine, I looked up at Jace and he has a smile on face. A genuine smile.

"How about let's start over?" He grinned at me.

☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎

HI GUYS OMG I FINALLY UPDATED

WHAT DO YOU THINK

ON A RATE OF 1-10 WHAT DO YOU RATE THIS CHAPTER😭 IM SO SORRY IF IT'S BAD IM JUST ADJUSTING TO EVERYTHING

ILY SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR 28K I MEAN OMGFGFKDS

PLEASE CONTINUE TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN.

ILYSM YOU ARE THE BEST.

-ohhlala_77 X