XVIII

Chapter 18

"Do you often come here?" I tucked a stray hair behind my ear as I faced Jace.

The sun was shining on his face, those eyes were more dashing than ever; and his jawline was so defined at that moment I was scared it might cut me.

Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me?

"From time to time, when I need time to think about shit." He kicked the sandcastle that was partly washed away.

It must be his safe place then?

"Is that why you brought me here?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

He opened his mouth to answer but then he suddenly crouched down and splashed the ocean water on me.

"Jace, you asshole! I don't have a new set of clothes," I yelled at him as I grab a handful of sand and threw it at his direction.

"Stop being whiny, just enjoy the moment." He splashed me with another round of ocean water.

Let me tell you, it was as salty as Rob Kardashian was when Rita Ora broke up with him.

"Hey, you didn't answer me!" I asked him again.

"Would you rather us talk or have fun?" I cocked his eyebrows at me.

Of course I'd rather have fun, I don't want to talk about things.

"You're going to regret saying that," I ran after him after grabbing a handful of sand.

"Don't you fucking dare, butterfly." He warned me with a playful tone.

"Oh game on, sucker!"

I immediately threw the sand in my hand as if they were the bullets of my nerf gun. His whole body was covered with sand and it made him look ridiculously hot.

What?

If I was drenched with sand I would probably look like a seal who got lost and sun bathed instead.

All of a sudden I was lifted off the sand and I could see the waves of the ocean getting closer.

"Oh, no. Jace I know you're an asshole and all, but you're one of the few nice assholes that I met and- No, I mean your asshole's nice. No, what? I meant you're an asshole and you're nice, and you have a nice ass to go with your face, I should probably just shut up and let you throw me." I squinted my eyes so hard in embarrassment.

"My asshole's nice?" He laughed so hard that it rang in my ear but soon faded away and I was greeted by the water entering all the holes on my face.

Thank you ocean, for quenching my thirst.

I opened my eyes and holy hell that hurt like a mother trucker.

"You shitface," I grabbed his ankles and yanked him to the ocean, and let me tell you, I never thought an ankle can be attractive.

Hold up, I don't have a foot fetish if that's what you think.

"Yanking me down's no use, I'm a lot stronger than you." He towers over me with a devilish grin, remaining firm on his ground.

I rolled my eyes and gave up on throwing him onto the ocean, instead I grabbed a handful of wet sand and threw it directly at his back.

He hissed and turned around with glare that could scare off anyone but me, "oh you're so dead butterfly."

He ran towards my direction and I tried my best to run as fast as I can, but I barely exercise making me look like a damn potato sack that's trying to run away from hell.

One minute I was running for my life, the next minute I realized how Jace was lying on top of me with my back laying flat on the sand, my hair messed up in all directions.

"I bet you a hundred bucks you're so close to peeing your pants right now," his dimples evident as he tucks some of my hair away from my face.

"I-I, shut up!" I pushed him away and pulled myself up from the ground, clearing my throat and quickly composed myself.

"Admit it butterfly, you like me." He laughed as walked beside me.

Do I really? Oh my god, for the sake of Wakanda, Black Panther save me from putting myself into this situation.

I faced him, hands on my hips "you wish, I bet you were the one with hidden feelings for me."

His entire demeanour change the moment those words left my mouth and holy shit if I can only take it back.

"What if I do like you, what are you gonna do?"

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"Can I please have a scoop of raspberry chocolate gelato and a scoop of mint choco chip please,"

"Make that 2 scoops each and put it in a bowl to share," Jace's familiar voice rang behind me.

"Alright, that's gonna be $7.99."

I turned around and gave him a questioning look.

"What? A man's gotta eat too" he shrugged in response as he handed the bills to the cashier lady.

Jace got our order and sat on the spot by the window, he sat across me making me feel all sorts of feelings that I shouldn't be feeling. With everything that's been going on, I can't afford another problem on my plate.

"Are you not going to ask me what just happened back there?" I took a spoonful of ice cream and shoved it in my mouth, avoiding his gaze.

"You will tell me when you want to tell me, I won't force you."

He picked up a napkin and without knowing it, he's wiping the corners of my mouth, making me forget on how to respond.

I stared at him in shock of his gesture, "what, are you a toddler that's incapable of eating without being messy?"

"Yeah sorry to disappoint, but I'm only 2 years old." I rolled my eyes and took another bite.

"Glad you're back to your sarcastic self, Soph." He never took his eyes off me as he takes a spoonful of the ice cream.

I started to feel the heat rising onto my cheeks, and my heart beating faster than the usual. I'd appreciate it more if I had to go through this because I'm evolving into something, but I knew this feeling all too well and I don't like where this is going.

Before I can say anything else he told me something that I would hold onto for a long time, "since we're friends and shit, from now on it's always going to be you and me."

Oh boy, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I'VE HAVE UPDATED AND IM SOOO SORRY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO'S BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CHAPTER. I JUST TOOK A BREAK FROM WATTPAD BUT I'M GOING TO BE BACK WITH REGULAR UPDATES FROM NOW ON.

170K FOR THIS BOOK JUST AMAZED ME AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH ME AND FOR READING THIS BOOK. I WOULDNT CONTINUE TO WRITE IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU.

TILL THE NEXT UPDATE, I HOPE WE CAN REACH 190K HEHE. DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW.

LOVE LOTS,

ohhlala_77