XIV

Chapter 14

"Am I hearing what I actually think I am?" Rebecca squeaked on the line.

I put my phone away from my ear just to keep my ears from bleeding, Becca on the other line out a shrill of excitement. Her excitement towards my deal with Jace confuses me to no end.

"No, you're daydreaming." I muttered sarcastically under my breath but loud enough for her to hear.

"Shut up Soph, so have you prepared your outfit?" I could picture her giving me suggestive smiles.

"Don't be ridiculous Becca, it's just babysitting with Jace and besides it's not like I need to impress someone." I rolled my eyes in the process of telling her.

I put her on speaker so I could tie my hair in a bun, "What do you mean you don't need to impress anyone? Jace, that hot piece of meat is the one you need to impress; you pea brain."

I grab a hold of my phone and tucked it under my ear as I switched the TV on.

"It's not a big deal, it's babysitting not a date." I bit the inside of my cheeks.

I saw my brother enter the living room asking me who was on the line, I mouthed 'Becca'. He perked up and threw himself on the couch beside me as he snatched my phone away.

"Hey baby," he tried to sound seductive which gave me the urge to gag.

"Hey, give me back my phone you poop." I tried to snatch it away but he stood up and raised it above his head.

"Nope, if you want it back you have to-"

I didn't let him finish what he was supposed to say as I lunged at him with full force. Both of us landed on the floor with a big thump but the one who took the most damage was Aaron. He was groaning in probably pain as he rubbed the back of his head.

I took the chance and got my phone from him, sticking my tongue out.

"Are you still there?" I tamed my hair.

"Yeah, what was that?" she sounded curious.

"Well my asshat of a brother took my phone so I lunged at him," I shrugged.

"You're so mean Soph," I heard my brother mutter before he went to his room.

I could hear Rebecca laughing on the other line which I joined after a few seconds.

"Becca, I'll call you later someone's at the door."

"Okay, later Soph." she hang up after that.

The line went dead so I shut my phone and walked to the door, I peeked through the small hole of the door and confused to see Jace standing there.

I yanked the door open, confusion clearly written on my face as to him, he looks hot as hell. He has a black shirt on and some running shorts on.

"Jace?" I asked bewildered.

"Well hello to you too," he lazily muttered as he leaned against the door frame.

"What are you doing here?" I tucked a stray hair behind my ear, standing straight.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" he gave me his infamous smirk.

I crossed my arms over my chest, eyebrows arched at him.

"No, what do you want?"

"Ouch, you wound me Soph." he mockingly put his hand over his chest.

"After I take that dog of yours in, you're going to treat me like that?" He feigned crying, wiping his non existent tears. "I gave him a shelter, food, love and-"