C23 - Proposal

This toad was really very big. Its two hind legs were as thick as a child’s arm… Zhou Ji looked at it curiously, “This thing is called a devil frog?”

“Yeah, it’s very delicious.” Xiong Ye said. Devil frogs were indeed especially tasty, and Shi Li liked them a lot, so he had always given Shi Li the devil frogs he had caught to eat.

But now, he was definitely going to give them all to Zhou Ji!

Zhou Ji couldn’t hunt. Although he went out every day, he could only gather up some plants. Even so, Zhou Ji never forgot about him and would always leave the best food for him.

“Oh.” Zhou Ji looked at the devil frog again. Frog meat was very tender. It should be the same for this thing, right?

“I’ll go and clean it, and then we can cook it.” Xiong Ye was very excited.

Zhou Ji naturally had no objections. He nodded.

Xiong Ye happily went off to kill the devil frog and peel off its skin.

Although he had said that it was for Zhou Ji to eat, he knew that Zhou Ji would certainly leave some for him.

Xiong Ye had already gone off to get started, so Zhou Ji grabbed the fruits and vegetables he had gathered today and headed towards Xiong Ye’s cave.

Xiong Ye saw what he was doing and called out, “Zhou Ji, leave those things below. I’ll bring them up for you later.”

Zhou Ji laughed and really put his things down.

Shi Li found the interaction between Xiong Ye and Zhou Ji a little unpleasant to watch.

Xiong Ye had always been like this, but the person who he had treated this way had always been him. When did it become Zhou Ji?

Zhou Ji had no ability at all. Why was Xiong Ye so good to him?

“Zhou Ji’s luck is really good.”

“He’s gotten a lot fatter after living with Xiong Ye!”

“Zhou Ji is so good looking. Will Xiong Ye get together with him?”

……

Some people in the tribe looked curiously at Zhou Ji and Xiong Ye.

Xiong Ye liked men, and as for Zhou Ji, although his strength was weak, he was attractive!

And it was only after he had started living together with Xiong Ye that they discovered that Zhou Ji was actually so good-looking!

In the tribe, men who had poor strength were generally unable to find partners. However, if they were good-looking, then it was another matter. There were some women who didn’t care about their man’s strength and only liked those who were good-looking.

“Zhou Ji doesn’t have Xiong Ye’s scent on his body. Don’t talk nonsense!” Shi Li said.

“Niu Er has been there recently. Perhaps it’ll happen later on.” One of the youths from the tribe chuckled.

Shi Li inexplicably felt rage blooming in his heart and headed towards Xiong Ye without conscious thought.

Xiong Ye had already peeled off the devil frog’s skin, cut off its head and claws, and dug out its intestines, giving those things to the children waiting nearby, “I used poisonous herbs to kill this frog, so you guys must cook it first before eating it.”

“Got it. Thank you, Brother Xiong Ye!” The children were smiling as they thanked him before taking the frog parts away to cook.

Xiong Ye washed the devil frog in his hands carefully.