C67 - Barley Flatbread

Xiong Ye and the people of the Little Brook Tribe dug out a good many traps, but they were still unable to encounter any dinosaurs that they could drive into the traps despite searching for several days.

Life was miserable!

That day, the hunting team once again brought back many edible plants and fruits. Xiong Ye selected several of the tastier types to bring back to the cave for Zhou Ji to eat––after the past few days, the people of the tribe were all basically sick of eating fruit, and nobody placed much value on these things. Xiong He simply set the food to one side of their tribe, and everyone helped themselves as they liked.

Xiong Ye was listless as he entered the cave. His spirits only rose slightly when he saw Zhou Ji, “Zhou Ji, I brought you back some fruit. Give it a try.”

Zhou Ji accepted the fruit, then asked, “Were you still unable to get enough meat today?”

Xiong Ye nodded gloomily, “I haven’t eaten meat in a long time!”

Zhou Ji: “……” In fact, Xiong Ye had some meat to eat every day, it was just that there wasn’t that much of it…

However, he had been very busy recently and had been cultivating all the time. He needed a lot of energy for these things, so it was normal for him to feel hungry.

“If only some dinosaurs would come!” Xiong Ye continued.

Zhou Ji felt a little guilty when he saw Xiong Ye like this.

If he hadn’t gone into a frenzy, Xiong Ye wouldn’t have ended up with no meat to eat…

“Zhou Ji, I’m going to go out for a bit and see if I can catch anything by the river.” Xiong Ye said, then sped quickly out of the cave, heading towards the river.

Zhou Ji watched him go, then brought out a handful of barley, using his abilities to produce more and looked at the resulting grains in his hands.

On the way to the river, Xiong Ye passed by the place that the tribe was using to farm and raise livestock.

Earth eggs and barley could be harvested once every three months. The second batch of earth eggs had already grown abundantly and could be harvested in a month. The first batch of barley had already sprouted and would be ready in two months.

Xiong Ye used to love eating earth eggs, but now… He had already lost all interest in earth eggs.

He wanted to eat meat, a lot of meat!

It was indeed true that it was difficult to accept a hard life after enjoying the good life. He had eaten very poorly before he joined the hunting team, and at the time, he had been happy with just being able to fill his stomach. Now… He would actually feel unhappy if he couldn’t eat what he wanted to eat!

Xiong Ye felt that he shouldn’t be like this, but he couldn’t resist swallowing back saliva when he looked at the fat little dinosaurs that were being raised on the other side of the fence.

When would these little dinosaurs grow up…

Xiong Ye spent a while feeling unhappy because he didn’t have enough meat to eat, but his spirits recovered by the time he reached the river.