C175 - Parallel World (7)

On the morning of the Beast God Sacrifice, a grand ceremony presided over by the High Priest would be held.

The current High Priest of the Beast God Temple had been a High Priest for over ten years and had presided over these sacrifices more than ten times, but he had never been as uncomfortable as he was now.

Had it not for the fact that he had memorized the chants that were to be sung during the ceremony to the point where he could sing them in his sleep, he would have probably have forgotten all the words.

Eventually, the ceremony had reached the halfway point, but the High Priest was already sweating. Even so, he continued presiding over the ceremony at the top of his voice––the Beast God was watching, so he had to perform well!

Since the High Priest was like this, the other priests who weren’t so young either also acted the same way. A bunch of priests who usually whispered during the sacrifice were now all shouting with all their strength, their faces and ears red from exertion.

Because of this… This Beast God Sacrifice was particularly lively, and the atmosphere was extremely warm.

The Beast Kings who were at the closest to the front sensed this change the most clearly, “This year’s Beast God Sacrifice is really very warm!”

“The priests are working really hard.”

“This really makes my blood boil!”

……

The ones having this conversation were the other Beast Kings besides Shi Li, Xiong Ye, and the two old Beast Kings.

It was the first time Xiong Ye and Shi Li had participated in the Beast God Sacrifice, and they couldn’t tell the difference. As for the two older Beast Kings…

They had seen Zhou Ji’s strength before and now when they saw Zhou Ji mixing in with the Big Bear Tribe… The two old Beast Kings felt like they were sitting on pins and needles and were just as uncomfortable as the High Priest.

But they were still better off than the High Priest… The two Beast Kings felt somewhat sympathetic towards the High Priest who had to work hard on the stage.

Xiong Ye didn’t know any of this. At the moment, he only felt that the Beast God Temple had been very considerate in their arrangements––his seat and Shi Li’s were separated from each other. Not only that, the two old Beast Kings who had eaten together with him were on his left and right sides.

Both of them were very friendly to him. As soon as they sat down, they began to chat happily––every time he didn’t know what he should talk about, the two Beast Kings would always find new topics of conversation.

Xiong Ye was very satisfied with this. Seeing that Xiong Ye didn’t glance in his direction, Shi Li was dissatisfied, yet also felt a sense of sympathy.

Shi Li thought very simply and didn’t realize that the Beast Kings who were at his side talking with him were actually extremely anxious inside.

They had been in contact with Shi Li and felt that they could talk to Shi Li. They also didn’t like the Bear Beast King who hadn’t known that he was supposed to come and visit them. But now…

Why were the Ape Beast King and Ox Beast King who usually never paid them any attention so enthusiastic towards Xiong Ye?

If it weren’t for the Beast God Sacrifice that was taking place right now, those Beast Kings would want to go over to Xiong Ye’s side to ask about it.

A long time ago, the afternoon portion of the Beast God Sacrifice would begin immediately after the morning ceremonies. However, twenty years ago, the practice was changed, and there was an extra meal offered at noon.