C97 - Carrying Someone

After the heavy rain abated, it began to drizzle.

The region that the Big Bear Tribe was in wasn't dry, but it was still rare for them to encounter such endless rain, and everyone found it a little hard to bear.

Zhou Ji also didn't like this kind of weather, where it felt like his lungs were being drowned every time he took a breath. He would rather be sleeping by the fire back home.

He sighed, then spent some effort to find a big tree hollow to light a fire in and lie down.

He rested in the tree hollow for a day, and after a full day of eating, the weather finally cleared up.

Zhou Ji's mood improved a lot, but Xiong Ye and the others were in trouble.

At first, everything had gone so smoothly that Xiong Ye and the others had thought that they could slowly eat up all of Hu Tian's troops. But the situation was never that simple--Hu Tian had run off.

Xiong Ye and the others also needed to eat, sleep, and take care of their basic bodily needs. The rain had made it inconvenient to do anything, and so they had had no way to keep a close eye on Hu Tian's team. As a result, they hadn't paid as much attention recently, and Hu Tian had run away.

Hu Tian had left behind a hundred or so people and led his few trusted subordinates to return back to the Giant Tiger Tribe!

Hu Tian had brought three hundred people with him for this attack against the Big Bear Tribe, and he still had over a thousand people left in the Giant Tiger Tribe.

It could be said that Hu Tian had made a very smart decision--as long as he could return back to his tribe, Xiong Ye and the others would be unable to do anything to him.

After discovering this point, Xiong Ye didn't hesitate to say to Zhu Zhan, "Let's chase after them! Everyone else can stay behind and continue to keep an eye on the people of the Giant Tiger Tribe!"

Hu Tian had run away, causing the morale of the remaining people from the Giant Tiger Tribe to plummet. They no longer had anything to push for, so Xiong Ye believed that the people that he had trained from their tribe would be enough to deal with them.

After Xiong Ye finished speaking, he immediately set off in pursuit. Zhu Zhan followed closely behind him, and his subordinates stayed behind after exchanging glances with each other.

They were unable to catch up to Zhu Zhan even when he had one lame leg; they shouldn't even bother trying to chase after him now.

Hu Tian was very clever and had used some methods to cover his own scent. Coupled with the fact that he was bringing less people with him this time, it became very difficult to find traces of his whereabouts.

As long as he was a little more careful, it was completely possible for him to evade the people of the Big Bear Tribe and return to the Giant Tiger Tribe!

Xiong Ye also understood this point and couldn't help but be a little anxious.

A few small carnivorous dinosaurs smelled his scent and immediately ran towards him, wanting to catch him. As a result, they had just chased after him for a few steps when Xiong Ye turned around and sent one of the carnivorous dinosaurs flying with a swipe.