𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫!

y/n sat in her desk, surrounded by the same people who identified themselves as y/n's friends

y/n sat in her desk, surrounded by the same people who identified themselves as y/n's friends. the same ones who had no idea her parents owned a store and she worked there whenever she wasn't at school or practice. y/n ignores their meaningless conversation, until she hears atsumu and her own name in the same sentence.

"yeah, it's true right? y/n and atsumu are dating," a girl asks, staring at someone else in the group while y/n was left confused. everyone laughs at y/n's visible confusion, which only confuses her even more. "shouta said that the reason why you wouldn't go out with him is because you're dating atsumu."

"no i'm not," y/n says, slouching back in her seat with her arms crossed over her chest. she watches shouta walk inside the class with a couple of other guys, which only made her grow angry. "the reason why i'm not going out with shouta is because i don't want to," y/n says loud enough for shouta to hear.

the moment shouta and y/n make eye contact, y/n gets up from her desk and storms out. walking out of the classroom, y/n runs into atsumu. "is the mermaid mad—" atsumu tried to insult but becomes ignored by y/n.

atsumu watches y/n walk down the hallway, then shouta chasing after her. without a single thought in atsumu's head, he follows shouta.

"y/n! y/n!" shouta yells, trying to move through the crowd of others in the hallway. his eyes follow y/n turning around the corner where the restrooms are, even though she clearly doesn't want to talk to him, he didnt notice.

y/n leans against the wall, taking a quick breather. she isnt one to get mad, especially with others watching her. she tries to clear her mind, telling herself to calm down, until shouta stands in front of her. this guy, possibly 6'2", clearly stronger than her and radiates energy that feels hostile towards her, stares directly down at her, blocking her way to escape.

"please y/n," shouta begs, reaching for her hand that she quickly moves away. "i really like you, and i thought we had something going on during the movies a couple of months ago. ive been nothing but nice to you—"

"hey," atsumu interrupts, "l/n it's time for class."

"i'm talking to her," shouta says, holding his hand against the wall that acts as a border between y/n and atsumu. y/n balls her hand into a fist, this is probably the most obnoxious thing that's happened in her life.

"so fucking irritating," y/n says under her breath. she pushes shouta's arm away, but as she takes a step forward, shouta grabs her shoulder.

"what is it to you miya? you've been nothing but mean to y/n, and apparently you guys aren't even dating, so why do you care!?" shouta almost yells, gripping harder onto y/n's shoulder without thinking about it. before y/n could commit literal murder, atsumu pulls y/n behind him.

"we've been like this for a long time, if l/n hates me, i'm pretty sure she wouldn't talk to me," atsumu says with his usual cocky ass attitude he tries to hide with a friendly smile. y/n just watches, watches shouta become angrier which made her grin. maybe she's a sadist, who knows.

"i'd only take you seriously if you really were dating y/n," shouta says, crossing his arms over his chest. y/n and atsumu blankly stare at shouta, both thinking if he's being serious or not. "if y/n is single, i'll keep chasing her. if she isnt, then i won't."

"or you can just— i don't know— not chase after me?" y/n says, staring at him in disbelief. "why does me having a boyfriend control your way of respecting my boundaries?"

"because i'm not a home wrecker," shouta responds.

'what the fuck does that have to do with anything!?' atsumu and y/n think to themselves. y/n didn't want to say it first, but if dating atsumu whether if it was fake or not would stop this guy from being around her, she'll do it.

"fine!" atsumu says with a smile and a laugh under his breath. he puts his arm gently around y/n's shoulders, giving her a kiss on the top of her head that made her flinch. "you got us! l/n and i are dating, okay? okay see ya," atsumu says, turning himself and y/n around to walk back to the classroom.

y/n shoves his arm away from her, then pinches his ear to bring his head down towards her. "look at whittle atsumu— being a good fucking boyfriend," she says, pinching his ear harder and making him silently scream. "giving me cute whittle kisses and shit— how fucking cute."

"ouch ouch ouch ouch," atsumu says, trying to slap away y/n's arm.

everyone in the volleyball club room laughs at atsumu the moment he walks inside. they all congratulate him for dating the girl he'd usually lose to in PE for the past five years. since saying that they were dating is for the sake of y/n's safety from shouta, atsumu doesn't say anything about it.

"when the hell did you n' y/n decide to date?" osamu asks, walking to atsumu who was changing his shirt. atsumu remains quiet, which alarms osamu. "no shitty comeback?"

"well what do you want me to say?" atsumu says calmly, confusing the fuck out of everyone in the club room. 'we're pretend dating until a guy in our class would stop being creepy' is what he wanted to tell everyone.

"l/n-senpai, are you dating atsumu miya?" a girl on y/n's swim team asks, watching y/n take her head cap and goggles off on the pool deck. y/n looks in the direction of the girl, finding her and a couple others. y/n deeply inhaled before giving the girls a smile.

"yeah," y/n says. 'just until shouta could stop being obsessed with me' is what she wanted to tell everyone.

 'just until shouta could stop being obsessed with me' is what she wanted to tell everyone

AN: NOW THE REAL PLOT IN MY HEAD STARTS. DUN DUN DUNNN.