explaination

so i finished this fic like oct 2021??? nov 2021???? anyways it just occurred to me. i never gave you guys a full explanation about why i wanted atsumu and y/n to end. (also bc ngl some of these comments are not the fucking vibe and it's lowkey irritating me. like it's fanfic. it's  f a n  f i c t i o n)

first off, let's keep in mind the usual love plots to fanfics. they meet, have a romantic love trope, and then live laugh love till the end of time. because im an aquarius and an infp, i hate stereotypical fanfiction and story endings. i needed something to feel real with a somewhat realistic ending where whoever reads this understands that life isn't gonna mean you get what you want. and this isn't a fanfic with a basic plot, i wanted to write a book that involves people analyzing and interpreting small details like anyone would with any book.

that being said, y/n and atsumu are in love, yes. but does that necessarily mean they're each other's end game? no. they're each other's firsts and the grew apart not together. the way how i made them grow apart (mainly y/n) was y/n exploring her new career opportunities and thinking about going off on her own.

anyways im getting tired of typing so here's a list of reasons why they ended it.

1. y/n not communicating properly with him and hiding her acceptance to UCI
2. atsumu blowing up on her and giving her an ultimatum instead of communicating
3. they never talked about where they wanted to go together. (which can i add is something im going thru rn and idk how to discuss to the man im literally in love with about what we're gonna do past high school.)

in conclusion, if you cannot understand the theme of this book it is 'communication in a relationship is one of the most important things'

and you may disagree, but without communication where would anyone be in a relationship. you'd have to discuss your feelings right? discuss what's wrong and how to solve it either alone or together. discuss where you stand on issues in order to sort boundaries. and so many other things.

anyways, ik some ppl would be like 'that's fucking stupid. i wanted them together' blah blah blah blah blah well im pretty sure everyone here reading this wanted them to be together too. again. i didn't strive for this book to be some mediocre smut fan fiction, i wanted it to be a book i'd go to the store to find and read. so L for the comments i had to delete bc damn it's literally fanfiction 🤨 anyways, next sem when i go to uni i might stop writing fanfiction. only bc i feel like im growing out of this. i mean, i won't stop writing, it just won't be fanfiction. im a literal english major 💀